RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Castaways rv park Maryland

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Castaways rv park Maryland

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rockhound007

truck

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/12 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After a great holiday on the Jersey shores, we met some new friends and are trying to boook our 2013 summer holidays with them. Castaways in Maryland was brought up, looks good, just would like to hear some feedback from others.

det62

MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 06:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of my favorites

1994 Georgie Boy Pursuit 32 foot Class A

Debbie (owner, pilot and navigator)
Steve (campfire starter)
Matthew - age 17 Got Fish ??
Rebecca - age 16 Got Wi-fi ??

JohnRN

Wilmington, DE

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/12 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Book It!

John & Susan
Wilmington, DE
2003 Coach House Platinum 270XL

univmd

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 04:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great place, just keep in mind, 3rd or 4th person, is extra $12 per person per day (adults).

2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

garysol

Avon Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 05:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back a few days ago from Castaways. I thought the location was fantastic and the park was ok. We found more than a few rude young employees there. Most of the older employees were very nice. They have there own private beach that my 11 year old really enjoyed. Tiki bar was a win. Very good Bahama Breeze . Like another poster said I did feel nickel and dimed. My 2 kids cost us $8.00 a day extra per kid. Thats insane if you ask me.
I think next time we may go 5 miles farther down the road to Assateague Island Park.

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 CTD SRW, Pullrite Superglide 18k.
2012 Komfort 3530fbh 5th wheel with Ground Control

raindove

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/12 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a great place. We used to go 4 times a season. However, they have started nickle and diming you to the death. Awning facing water? + $5 Close to the pool? + $5 End lot? + $5 More than two dogs? + $4 per day

If you are in Island Oasis - there is a Tiki Bar there. So music and singing until 11 pm. The general public can get in to the Tiki Bar. So you have ppl who aren't even camping there.

Like I said, it's a great place and we love it. But since they started adding all the extra fees, we haven't gone. I just can't see paying close to $100 a day.

If you are going in Sept, they have a big craft show in OC. I think it's usually the 3rd weekend, but not sure.

Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

NYMac4

Watertown NY

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/12 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just got home last night from a week's stay at Castaways ...this is our second time there - we went once to Frontiertown. I agree that it's gotten expensive but yet all of us want to go back There's so much to do there that we didn't spend as much "extra" money so I guess it all evened out. The kids love the things to play on in the water and the fishing and crabbing right from the pier. We took the free shuttle to Ocean City but bought the week's pass at Assateague National Seashore for $15 so we could drive ourselves to the beach (2 families, 4 kids, lots of stuff!) We had no problems with any of the employees - the ones we interacted with were friendly and helpful ... we liked our site - it was a back in with plenty of room. It's definitely a busy campground. Sites would open up and in a few hours someone new would be there!

Patti
"Retired" Army wife in northern NY
Mom to Allison 8/98 and Amanda 01/01
Loving our camping time in our Flagstaff Forest River 5th wheel bunkhouse

elsique

Baltimore, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/12 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are headed to Castaways in October (after the rates drop) This will be our first time but we have been to Frontiertown several times and always enjoyed it.

Elise
2010 Chevy Silverado 6.2 V8
2007 Rockwood 8293SS

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/12 06:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Castaways is a nice park, However they have lots of rules and lots of fees.
The deal breaker for me is they have breed restrictions, and do not allow me to bring my dog so I go elsewhere.

07'Duramax dually,12'Open Range 399BHS
Hawkshead TPMS,Hensley BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake
Blue Ox Bedsaver,air bags,Garmin RV760 w/BC20 camera
Arvika bike rack,Bak-Flip G2
5500 Onan LP,Progressive surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote w/8.0 Nissan
Vu Cube,Splendide WD

raindove

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/12 08:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garysol wrote:

Just got back a few days ago from Castaways. I thought the location was fantastic and the park was ok. We found more than a few rude young employees there. Most of the older employees were very nice. They have there own private beach that my 11 year old really enjoyed. Tiki bar was a win. Very good Bahama Breeze . Like another poster said I did feel nickel and dimed. My 2 kids cost us $8.00 a day extra per kid. Thats insane if you ask me.
I think next time we may go 5 miles farther down the road to Assateague Island Park.

WE have camped in the National Park part of Assateague and loved it there. No hookups though. I want to check in to the State Park part - I think they have some loops with electric. It's just too hot down there without the a/c. I have to remember to make reservations earlier for next year. I waited too long this year and everything was booked.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Castaways rv park Maryland
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS