|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Class C 1975 Ford Holiday Rambler stalls solved

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jlrdds

Mineral Wells , Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/13 03:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently had two stoppage insidents that " almost " left me stranded . The first was a failure of the pick up coil in the distributor and the second was a failure of the solenoid fuel swith valve . I now carry a spare distributor and timing light .

I also have a question . I carry a new ignition module as a spare and changed that first . It was originally mounted on the left front wheel well panel ( difficult to access ) , but I moved it up in clear view so I could change it readily . It is hanging down from a panel in the front part of the engine compartment with tie wraps . I am wondering if the sheet metal mounting ( wheel well panel ) is needed as an additional heat sink to the fins on the case of the module ? I could not have the other nearly new one checkd at Auto Zone so they ordered me another new one free of charge ( lifetime warranty ) , but I would imagine it was still good ?? Problem that time was the fuel solenoid switch used to change from main to aux tanks . Jamie

ron.dittmer

Northern Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/13 03:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if the ignition coil requires chassis ground to be most reliable. Some do, some don't.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

jlrdds

Mineral Wells , Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/13 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apparently the module does not need to have the case grounded . Seems to work perfectly . I would have liked to have had the one checked that I removed , but could not .

Jamie

jlrdds

Mineral Wells , Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/13 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just as I thought my 1975 Ford Class C was relaible after new distributor and new fuel selector solenoid , but it died ! Apparently the carburetor float stuck and flooded badly so thst is next in line before any trips . Hard to beleive I am having these problems after only 117,000 miles !! Ha!!!

Jamie

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Class C 1975 Ford Holiday Rambler stalls solved
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS