|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Questions About Transfer of Agreement to New Owner

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
chasfenwick

United States

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/13 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Service Agreement (7-year term) that was purchased at Camping World RV Sales at the time I purchased my new Airstream trailer. I am now selling that trailer after 2 years of ownership.

1) How do I obtain a "Transfer Application" Form? Some time ago I sent in a request via e-mail to address provided on this Forum and have received no response.

2) Service Agreement I have says it will cost $50 to transfer, but info on this site says that transfer is free. Which is it?

3) Would form typically be executed and sent in by the Seller or by the Buyer?

4) Agreement states that the application for transfer to new owner must be accompanied by "Proof of Maintenance Recommended by the Manufacturer." I am not aware that there is any such maintenance recommendation or requirement by Airstream for my travel trailer. Please explain what must be done to satisfy this requirement.

Thanks

rr2254545

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/13 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would you want to transfer, I am pretty sure you can get a refund

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, Air Force One
175 Campgrounds in the past 5 years

chasfenwick

United States

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/13 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would want to transfer because I advertised, and promised to the Buyer, that this "protection" came with the trailer. Perhaps that was a stupid thing to do. Maybe the additional 5 years is essentially worthless, or maybe the refund would be a pittance, I really don't know. But I'm willing to bet that there are people on this Forum who can tell me.

Scott Blanc

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/13 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can e-mail me at the address below in my signature block, I will e-mail you the transfer form and instructions for completing the transfer.

There is a $50 fee to transfer ESP service contracts that were purchased through Camping World. ESP policies purchased directly through Good Sam do not have a transfer fee.

The form needs to be filled out by you, the seller of the RV so that we have permission to transfer the remaining coverage to the new owner.

If there are no maintenance services required by the manufacturer, then no service records are required. This mainly pertains to engine and transmission oil and filter changes, but can also apply to generator service as well.

Transfering a service contract or mechanical breakdown insurance to a new buyer is a great way to increase the resale value of your RV. It gives the new owner confidence that the unit is in good working order and that they have protection against major mechanical repair costs for the remainig life of the service contract.

Scott Blanc
Vice President and General Manager
Good Sam Continued Service Plan
sblanc@goodsamfamily.com

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Questions About Transfer of Agreement to New Owner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: