|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Fireplaces

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ramblingnan

Littleton, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/03 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to hear thoughts and opinions on fireplaces in RVs. Do you like them? Do they use a lot of amps? What are the pros and cons?

Badge165

San Clemente, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/03 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a fireplace in our 5er. We love it. I only use it when we are on the generator or when we are plugged in. Since it is electric, it draws allot of Amps. It is quiet and heats the trailer nicely. It looks nice and is functional. I highly recommend you don't mount is under your TV. The heat from the fireplace will eventually damage your TV.

Enjoy.

180 work days to retirement.
Badge165

Badge
2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LT,5 Speed Allison, CC, LB, Line-X,Tekonsha Prodigy, Firestone Ride Rite, Transfer Flow Midship Tank, ttt-mirrors, Garmin Nuvi 2597lmt, TST 507 Monitor, Reese 20K
2012 Montana Hickory 3700rl
Retired OCSD

Bonnie & Clyde

Sioux Falls,S.D.

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/03 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were looking at RV's and the wife found the one we bought because it had a fireplace. I'll never forget her statement " This is it we don't have to look anymore this is it." Since we all know what the wife wants she gets, we got. BTW there were a lot of other things we liked too. We're fulltimers now and staying in a state park with electric hookups and we use it to heat the place up. Propane is going the way of gas prices-up!!!! I talked to someone at a U-Haul place in Colorado Springs,Co. and they said propane was $2.10 a gallon, so this is a nice option to have. While we were in Quartzsite we bought a catylitic heater to save on propane and that heats our rig up nicely.

Bonnie & Clyde
'04 Monaco Knight38ft.
'96 Dodge Dakota 4x4

MissBettyG

Vancouver, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/03 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We would not have an RV without a fireplace. We used ours from day one (when the weather was cold)and enjoy the warmth and the romance it provides. It makes our RV more like a home.

Ours is not under the TV - good thing, I guess. We were not aware that it affected the TV. We have seen units with the fireplace under the TV.

Betty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Fireplaces
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS