|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Manuals for 1985 Southwind

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
39eagle

Rappahannock Academy, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/03 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have recently purchased a 1985 Southwind and of course there were no manuals included. I was able to get a service manual from Fleetwood.

What I would like to have are the manuals for the furnace, water heater and refrigerator. The electrical system for these would be most helpful. I am having a difficult time getting them to operate and have checked and replaced all the fuses that I can find. My previous motorhome did not have electronic ignition and that is where I am having the problems.

I would pay to have the manuals copied and mailed. Any help in this area would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne

ghunt

Austin, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/03 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was fortunate to inherit my 1984 Winnebago from my dad who kept EVERY piece of paper associated with the RV. One cabinet is completely filled with documentation he kept. I don't know about Fleetwood, but Winn. didn't print a manual for all the appliances. They are separate manuals from the appliance manufacturers that Winnebago collected and were given to my dad in a large zippered pouch. For example Coleman for the A/C, etc. What I suggest is get the model for the appliance you need the manual for and contact that manufacturer, not Fleetwood. We also have been having to do some repairs that aren't included in the the original owners manuals. For example, the vacuum tubes attached to the back of the heater/defrost controller on the dash became brittle and broke. We bought a replacement harness, but didn't know which to connect to which connector. We also thought our alternator problems were related to the isolater. We couldn't find it, to check it out. Winnebago faxed us a diagram that showed we didn't have one, but they had a series of switches and solenoids on the wall of the battery compartment. We just call Winnebago, give them the RV's serial number and they fax us the skematics we need. If you know exactly what you need, you may wish to try Fleetwood and see if they can fax it to you. My husband keeps wishing they would just send us the entire file, but they only send the ones we need. Good Luck and enjoy. I know we enjoy our "old" Winnie

Tamie Hunt
1984 Winnebago Chieftan
Austin, Texas

bmeado19

Oklahoma City OK

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/03 09:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also purchased an older motorhome without manuals. I was able to get most everything by calling the manufacturers. Have your model and serial numbers ready so they can send you the right manuals. Most are free, a few had a minimal charge.

MELM

GA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/03 03:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are two links for manuals on most refers and some water heaters and furnaces. You can download them: http://bryantrv.com/docs.html and http://www.gasrefrigeration.net/service_manuals.htm. Some of the manuals are Service manuals - a bit above the normal manual you get with the unit.

You can also download manuals from some of the manufacturers if what you need isn't in the list. Others will mail you one.

If you don't find what you need, post the manufacturer and model and I'll see if I have a link for them.

Mel & Mary Ann; Mo'Be (More Behave...) and Bella
"If you have an RV, you don't need another hobby." Comment from a friend...

90 Champion LaSalle MH 29 ft P30 (89 Chassis)

Visit The Official Blog of the Open Road

big dave

Soldotna, Alaska, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/03 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Melm
Thanks for the link! I just printed the manual for my fridge.

Dave

kartma

Marlton, NJ USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/03 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an 1985 Southwind. I will look for the manuals to see if we have them. Please email me at beverlynorcross@hotmail.com

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Manuals for 1985 Southwind
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS