|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Allegro Bay

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ridingsd

Searcy, AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/03 03:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have any comments, suggestions, info (good/bad? on 1995 Allegro Bay 36ft with 230 cummins, turbo and on oshkosh chassis? Has 24,000 miles on it. Set up for about 2 years waiting for estate sale. Any comments would be appreciated. Loaded unit. David

BIGDOMINO

Full Timing since July 13th 2007

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/03 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Allegro Bay today uses a gas engine. I just picked up my 2003 Bay with a Workhorse chassis and GM engine. They are very nice. If the 95 is anywhere near like my unit, it will be great. The vendor makes a good product!

Steve & Toni__
2008 38 foot Monaco Knight.
2001 Honda CRV in tow.
80 pound Golden named Max loving the ride.
FULL TIMING AS OF JULY 13, 2007

Bob WI

Eau Claire, WI USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/03 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HI!, sound's like a good deal? If you could get it (being involved in a estate) for say around $50k, it would be one heck of a steal? freightliner purchased oshkosh, one of the BEST frames in the trucking industry, that's why they won so many goverment military contract's? Heck, with a 4k average annual mileage, this coach is not broke in yet!! Tiffany at RED BAY, AL. makes only top quality product's. Does it have the allison MD 3060 tranny? HTH GOOD LUCK

lg212

Hot Springs, AR USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/03 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello folks in Searcy. We are in Hot Springs, AR and have a 34 Allegro Bay (1994) with a 454 and one slide. We really like the coach very much and would strongly recommend one. Only problem I have had is with the headlights. They are foggy and it's hard to see at night so I added aux. lights as new headlight assemblies are 187 each. I met a man while in Branson that had an identical unit as mine and he has the same problem. If anyone has had the same problem and has a solution, please post it.

Thanks,

Leo

Cruzer03

Sheboygan, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/03 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went looking at gas class As and got a Suncruiser which we are extremely happy with. Having said that, if Winnebago was to suddenly disappear from the face of the earth we would have chosen a "Bay" as the next best choice. We liked the floor plan and features better on the Suncruiser but I kind of think that the Allegro Bay may have a few other points going for it, mostly in quality of interior, over our "Cruiser. If you like the layout of the unit you can't go wrong. As we are now looking ahead to our next rig, a diesel pusher, I haven't found anything yet that can beat the Tiffin Phaeton. I think you'll be more than happy with any Tiffin product.

The previous post about condition is important when buying any used rig, however. These things are meant to be driven and used - not parked. You may indeed have a few repairs to do regarding things that have frozen up or dried out. As long as you check them out ahead of time and consider it in your pricing you'll be fine.

Mark Quasius
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP - Cummins 400 ISL
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

PDMills

Vero Beach, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/03 06:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1991 32' Allegro Bay (454 GMC gas engine). I would have a mechanic look over the chassis REAL good. Mine looked great too, low mileage. It too sat for about a year, year and a half. First thing I had to do is to have all new brake calipers put on it, they had rusted to the point that they would stick and heat up the rotors. After about our third "shake down" trip we had to have the rear main seal replaced, also had to have the valve cover gaskets, dip-stick seal, and several other rubber seals replaced. They all dried out from sitting. (Also had all of the shocks replaced, they started "oozing" after our first few trips.

Allegro Bay is a great company and make a great rig, nothing in the "home" part of the unit has given us much trouble. Just be careful and check those seals!

Goodluck!

PDMills

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Allegro Bay
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS