|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Allegro Bus Inverter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
MMEJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/03 08:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are all of your outlets "hot" when the inverter is working. I am able to use my TV, Microwave, DVD, etc. but only 2 outlets. Is this normal? If not, any suggestions on how to fix it?

MMEJ, 35' Allegro Bus, 300 Cat, slide

auntiepaula

Providence, RI

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/03 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our HR, not every outlet is "hot" when the inverter is on. HR put a tiny sticker on each applicable outlet saying "inverter" to let us know. With that said, the inverter runs the tv, vcr, satellite receiver, and one extra outlet under the passenger dashboard. It also runs the outlet at the dinette, kitchen outlet and microwave, one bathroom outlet, and I don't know about the bedroom as we haven't had the need to use anything in the bedroom yet. There are other outlets that don't have power when the inverter is on.

Paula
Elementary School Music Teacher
Husband(Chris) and 6 year old son(Oliver)
2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34SBD
Workhorse W-22
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
2005 Starcraft Toy Hauler
GMC Envoy V-8 Tow Vehicle
3 ATVs

bikemanb

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 05:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I use the inverter only certain outlets have 110 to them. Probably a design plan to limit number of things that can draw (also less cost to wire).

2002 40' Phaeton DP
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Toad

Joe B

Las Vegas NV. USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is the way my bus is wired also.I want change it so I can have the coffee maker set on the counter top.The two plugs on the slide out are hot now.I have to fill the coffee maker at the sink and move it to the dinette table.I have a krups with a Thermos because it shuts off after the coffee is made.That saves my inverter power.

Joe&Carol
Biedenbach
2004 Allegro Bus 36'OP
C7 330 hp Caterpillar
2002 Honda CRV
FMCA 227135

justme

USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2002 Phaeton that is the same way. In addtion the AC outlet above the table is hot as well from the inverter for a coffee maker.

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/03 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All 50 amp transfer switches have two poles or two contactors; one for each 120 volt leg. Most gen sets above 4 KW are also two pole devices. However, inverters are normally only single pole devices. If using a 50 amp transfer switch such as the IOTA unit, the inverter can be wired to one pole or both poles may be jumpered to supply all outlets. If you want to only have 120 volts on one leg or pole of your electrical panel with the inverter on you would not jumper the conactors in the transfer switch. Then you can identify which outlets you want hot with the inverter on and wire those circuits to the pole being fed by the inverter.

ken1373

Crossville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NMEJ, as others have said generally only some outlets are hot. The governing factor is what is the size (capacity) of your specific inverter. I would be most surprised if the TV was not wired to it. As I just said to another Allegro owner on another thread I would get the model number of the inverter and then call Tiffin's service department in Red Bay and pose your question to them, Ken Roberts, Littleton, MA...

280fx

McDonough, Ga, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 06:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Allegro Bus came with a huge manual dedicated just to electrical schematics, containing every circuit in the coach. If you have the schematics, you might check there first, before a call to the factory. Good Luck.

Dean and Liliana Murfield
2003 Allegro Bus 35DP
300 HP Cummins/Allison 3000: 6-Spd
1999 Honda Civic Toad ( When not towing chopper)
1980 Enstrom F-28C-2 helicopter (When not towing the Honda).

Allegro

Mishawaka Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 1998 Bus also came with only certain outlets hot and factory would not wire all outlets hot as I asked them while watching my motorhome being built. I have a Heart unit and was told it would handle all the outlets as you do not have a draw from every outlet at the same moment. So run wire from circuit breaker marked outlets (took circuit breaker out) to inverter. Now most but not 100 percent of outlets are hot off my 2000 watt inverter. Done this several yrs ago and works great.Roger

Cobranut

VA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/03 08:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally I wouldn't want all my outlets on the same circuit, which is what you have if they're all to be fed by the inverter.

Monaco seems to have laid out the inverter outlets pretty well. Some kitchen outlets, including the under counter coffeemaker, as well as the TV's, VCR, Sat, and bathroom are inverter fed. The rest are on separate circuits.

David

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Allegro Bus Inverter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS