|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Thumper TT by R-Vision

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
pardad

Sweet Home Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/03 12:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ran across Thumper TT's by Trail-Lite/R-Vision while surfing the net today. All search engines lead to the Trail-Lite site but there is no info there nor can I find an "R-Vison" web-site. All of the info I can find is at RVWholesalers.com then drill down to get prices, etc. Would love to get more info/brochures/etc. Wonder if R-Vison is still making them?

meriflower

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/03 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have Trail-Lite not a Thumper model. R-Vision stills makes the Thumper model, it is a new model for them. The web address is www.trail-lite.com. Unfortunately they are very bad with updating their site with current information! There is Yahoo group of Trail-Lite owners that you might want to check out - includes all brands of trailers made by R-Vision including the Thumper. The address is:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/traillitetraveltrailers/

We really enjoy our trailer, it's the second one we've owned by R-Vision (previously owned a Bantam B-19 hybrid).

Nancy
Nancy

Cimriver

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/03 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Saw the Thumper at an RV show in Denver last spring. I was quite impressed with it. It had almost the exact same floor plan as my Kiwi Too.

Gordon & Patti
2008 F-350, 6.4L. Power Stroke, CrewCab
2012 Dutchmen Komfort 3130FRL Fifth-Wheel

Be Safe!!!!!

meriflower

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/03 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AntiqFreq - We sold the Bantam B-19 and now own a Trail-Lite 7270S, same maker as the Bantam (R-Vision) but a regular TT, no canvas.

We really liked the Bantam and had zero problems with it on our many camping trips. Which was the main reason we stayed with the Trail-Lite brand. So far we have had zero problems on the 7270S model as well.

We sold the Bantam because we found that we did not care for the canvas. The canvas made for very poor insulation against the weather elements and the noise control. It didn't leak in water or anything like that. You would have condensation on the canvas if you didn't leave small openings to vent - some people also run a fan but that got too cold for me. And of course, if it rained and you had to fold the beds up went you will have to fold them back out when you got home so that it won't mildew.

If you wouldn't mind the drawbacks of having canvas, I would highly recommend the Bantam.

Nancy

AntiqFreq

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/03 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Meriflower,
How do you like your B19? We are looking at the B819 (8 ft wide model) but hubby is concerned with rain getting inside wet from the fold out beds and the noise level inside the trailer at camp sites and also the heat onto the canvas foldouts (we life in Ft Lauderdale). Any thoughts for us before our purchase? Thanks
AntiqFreq

Berean

Atmore, AL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/03 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leisure Tyme RV in Pensacola, FL, is carrying the Thumper, and they have some info and pics on their web-site. We will probably buy the 30-footer with bunk house. I've seen the complaints about the poor web-site and lack of company support, but I've been really impressed with this dealership and still believe the product is one of the best in the lightweight class. I understand the complaints and believe something should be done by the company in this area, but I also understand that you have to stand behind your dealers, too. Karl Nessamar is the person to talk to, and you can call him at 800-472-4437.

Campingman

Indian Lake, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/03 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello pardad,
Rumor at R-Vision is they are no longer going to make the Thumper. I would call the factory to find out for sure, the number is 574-268-2111.

Qwest

Loveland, CO

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/03 11:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at one but decided against it. Couldn't find a floorplan we liked. I did like that they had torsion axles and enclosed underbellies. I think the site of the dealer where we bought our Jayco Qwest is rvsuper.com. You could probably get a brouchere from them.

2001.5 Dodge 2500 QC4x4 CTD, 2003.5 Jayco Qwest 282v

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Thumper TT by R-Vision
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS