RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Oktoberfest - Leavenworth, WA Oct 2-4

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Oktoberfest - Leavenworth, WA Oct 2-4

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/04/09 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We decided we needed to try out this Oktoberfest thing. I mean, it has to be good with beer and brats, right?

We stayed at the KOA in town, about a mile walk to downtown. They packed us in like sardines.
[image]

View from campground
[image]
[image]

The walk to town
[image]
[image]

Gustav's to catch a few minutes of the Husky game versus Nortre Dame
[image]
[image]

My buddy messing around at Munchen House
[image]
[image]

Great fun. A lot of people filled the town, but it was pretty spread out so it did not seem overly crowded. They have 2 more weekends remaining, so go there and have a beer and brat!


2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo


sdavis622

Puyallup, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 02/27/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/04/09 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice! Leavenworth is a beautiful little town! Camped there a lot when I was a kid!


-2007 Ram 2500 Laramie CTD
-2006 Arctic Fox 25S
Trailer Mods! Trailer! Truck!


Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/05/09 12:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We might do that in two weeks. We've done the Christmas Lighting Festival there the last couple years and enjoyed that. Leavenworth is always good for Bavarian food and stuff. I wondered what the KOA was like and it seems nice enough considering you're in town having fun anyway. Looks like another RV park that packs people tight. We're heading to the Port Angeles Crab Festival this coming weekend.


Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!


S-S/Ford

Grapeview, WA

New Member

Joined: 10/04/2009

View Profile



Posted: 10/06/09 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you have to make reservations at the camp ground?


Kyle & Ty
Ready For Adventure

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/07/09 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

S-S/Ford wrote:

Did you have to make reservations at the camp ground?


Yes, about 3 months in advance.

2oldman

NM

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/09 04:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice pics. Stayed there once.. never again.

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/07/09 04:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Nice pics. Stayed there once.. never again.


We liked Leavenworth, but not so much Oktoberfest. Don't get me wrong it was fun, just too many people. We will go back to the town for sure, probably not Oktoberfest.

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/07/09 04:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper_Jeff_+_Kelli wrote:

We might do that in two weeks. We've done the Christmas Lighting Festival there the last couple years and enjoyed that. Leavenworth is always good for Bavarian food and stuff. I wondered what the KOA was like and it seems nice enough considering you're in town having fun anyway. Looks like another RV park that packs people tight. We're heading to the Port Angeles Crab Festival this coming weekend.


Let us know how you liked it! Have fun. The Crab Festival sounds fun.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/09 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tizi wrote:

Camper_Jeff_+_Kelli wrote:

We might do that in two weeks. We've done the Christmas Lighting Festival there the last couple years and enjoyed that. Leavenworth is always good for Bavarian food and stuff. I wondered what the KOA was like and it seems nice enough considering you're in town having fun anyway. Looks like another RV park that packs people tight. We're heading to the Port Angeles Crab Festival this coming weekend.


Let us know how you liked it! Have fun. The Crab Festival sounds fun.


This will be our third year up there. It's good for fall colors, Hurricane Ridge, and Dungeness Spit hiking. Not to mention all the seafood and local wine tasting.

fueling around

NW MN

Senior Member

Joined: 04/24/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/07/09 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Made the trip to Tourist Town a few (well, more than) times. After Christmas Lighting we only made it as far as Steven's Pass once ski season started.
Never camped up there. If it was more than a day trip, we stayed in Wenatchee.

I miss the crab!!


John
1997 Dodge 2500 CTD
1989 Cascade 8½ Self-contained Truck Camper
?? Eureka Timberline 4 tent

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Oktoberfest - Leavenworth, WA Oct 2-4
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.