RV.Net Open Roads Forum: A fellow rv'er scared me today- ugh

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

 > A fellow rv'er scared me today- ugh

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
lanerd

Ridgecrest, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/03/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 07/04/12 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Kathy... so glad that it all turned out ok for you and that you are safe and sound. Enjoy the rest of your trip to SD.

Ron


Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ILS 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro


RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Sully2

Cincinnati

Senior Member

Joined: 01/20/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/04/12 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rich D. wrote:


X3 for the brake, the WORST thing you can do is use the horn/air horn. The other driver may very well turn the wheel in your direction when he hears it.


PURE SUPPOSITION! Nothing....NOTHING has ever been introduced anywhere to support such a claim. Someone veers into MY lane....He's getting the horn..period


2000 Country Coach Allure; Cummins ISC 330 HP; 71/2 - 8 MPG regardless
2002 Jeep Liberty


C-Leigh Racing

Nashville NC

Senior Member

Joined: 01/22/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/05/12 10:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You didnt say where on I-90 this happened ?.

We were on I-90, close to Sioux Falls late after 12:00PM on the 27th, pulled in to the KOA across from Love's truck stop for the night.
We pulled out from home on Tuesday, 26th around 1:00PM, pulled 10 hours & bedded down then made the rest of the trip Wed to the KOA.
Spent the rest of the weekend out a Sioux Vally Cycle Club with the daughter & soninlaw racing their atvs.

Real nice KOA there on I-90, nice folks running it as well.
Neil

amanda

State of Flux

Senior Member

Joined: 06/14/2004

View Profile



Posted: 07/05/12 11:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C-Leigh Racing wrote:

You didnt say where on I-90 this happened ?.

We were on I-90, close to Sioux Falls late after 12:00PM on the 27th, pulled in to the KOA across from Love's truck stop for the night.
We pulled out from home on Tuesday, 26th around 1:00PM, pulled 10 hours & bedded down then made the rest of the trip Wed to the KOA.
Spent the rest of the weekend out a Sioux Vally Cycle Club with the daughter & soninlaw racing their atvs.

Real nice KOA there on I-90, nice folks running it as well.
Neil


So is the purpose of your post to suggest that you may have been the one who was trying to run the OP off the road???


2007 Itasca Meridian 34H with CAT C7

kokois1

US

Senior Member

Joined: 02/01/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/06/12 06:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Always drive defensively...it solves those type problems.


Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo


Rich D.

New England

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/06/12 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sully2 wrote:

Rich D. wrote:


X3 for the brake, the WORST thing you can do is use the horn/air horn. The other driver may very well turn the wheel in your direction when he hears it.


PURE SUPPOSITION! Nothing....NOTHING has ever been introduced anywhere to support such a claim. Someone veers into MY lane....He's getting the horn..period


Can't let you get away with that one Sully!! NOT SUPPOSITION AT ALL... but it is the experience of 24 years of accident investigation. Results prove your claim is absolutely untrue. People do strange things when startled. Even had them say they "thought the horn was on their left so they pulled right!"


Rich D. Wanderlodge M450 LXi


cybrfalcon

SW Ohio

Full Member

Joined: 09/02/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/06/12 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gale Hawkins wrote:

W4MBG wrote:

"I like the ones who try to merge between our MH and the toad !!!!!!!!!"

its the toad's fault for following too closely...


Have you really seen that happen?


Has happened to me. Some idiot ran out of ramp because I couldn't move to the left lane. He tried to dart in right behind me and found he couldn't because of the toad.

C-Leigh Racing

Nashville NC

Senior Member

Joined: 01/22/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/06/12 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

amanda wrote:

C-Leigh Racing wrote:

You didnt say where on I-90 this happened ?.

We were on I-90, close to Sioux Falls late after 12:00PM on the 27th, pulled in to the KOA across from Love's truck stop for the night.
We pulled out from home on Tuesday, 26th around 1:00PM, pulled 10 hours & bedded down then made the rest of the trip Wed to the KOA.
Spent the rest of the weekend out a Sioux Vally Cycle Club with the daughter & soninlaw racing their atvs.

Real nice KOA there on I-90, nice folks running it as well.
Neil


So is the purpose of your post to suggest that you may have been the one who was trying to run the OP off the road???


No, I feel pretty sure it wasnt me, because for one thing, traveling I-90 west across Minnesota to Sioux Falls, calling that section of I-90 a wash board, would be an understatement, so I was running around 55 mph or less at times trying to keep from tearing our m/h apart.
Another is, we were about the only travelers on I-90 during that time span & I never passed a car, truck or m/h.

OP hasnt said what section of I-90 or a time span when this happened to them, but I can say, I'm pretty careful out on the highways because I know who has to repair our rig should something happen to it in our travels.
After driving trucks for 20 some odd years, trading paints not what I would call having a good day.
Safe travels to all, & remember this, get a tag number next time.
Neil

* This post was edited 07/07/12 01:00pm by C-Leigh Racing *

03Ultra

Central Massachusetts

Senior Member

Joined: 07/20/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/06/12 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can tell you from experience that bad drivers are better in FRONT of you.

Driving a brand new Camaro on I-90 in Massachusetts I came upon another car weaving. No problem, I blasted by him. 30 minutes later I was in line at the exit when he plowed into the side of my car and kept going. I did catch up to him and force him to stop, but as I walked back to my car to write down his info he took off while I had his license and reg in my hand. This was in 1983 (before cell phone) so I had to drive to a serice area to call and report it. He managed to get home before they caught up to him, and since I was holding his info it was not hit and run. Turns out he was a habitual drunk driver. I am sure he is either dead by now or in jail for killing someone else.


2004 Itasca 36M Workhorse

rgatijnet1

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 06/22/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/06/12 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To me, bad drivers are just the way it is. Get over it. Like we tell all of the people that come down to Florida....if you swim in fresh water lakes or rivers, there ARE alligators. If you swim in salt water, there ARE Sharks.
The same goes if you drive on the highways for any distance....you will encounter bad drivers and good drivers. Fortunately the good drivers still outnumber the bad drivers.
For all we know, the person passing may have gotten a gust of wind that blew him towards the vehicle he was passing. The coach in the right lane would not have felt that gust.
On the other hand, so what? Just let it go and enjoy your trip with full knowledge that in a few more miles, or hours, or days, you will encounter another incidence that you do not like.
The only way to avoid bad situations on the highway is to stop traveling.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

 > A fellow rv'er scared me today- ugh
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS