|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Rays Popup Projects: Table Pedestal

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rlchenry

Wake Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/06 03:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All of the warm weather over the past two weeks really got me working!!!!!

Well, the table setup that came with our camper left a little to be desired. The table with the legs on sat a mere 1/2" above the cushion height. Who can get their legs under that?

In addition, even when you were sitting, your legs wouldn't touch the floor (at least mine wouldn't!)

I couldn't find any longer TABLE legs (mine were already the 29-1/2" ones), so I thought I would build the bottom up a bit. This would help both the table height and the foot rest problem(s).

Here is the way it came out - just 2 pieces of 3/4" ply, a few 3/4 x 3/4 cleats and some of that foam-based paneling trim from the big box store. Not too bad, I don't think.

I didn't want to waste the space under the new platform, so I put three little access hatches between the legs for storing stuff in there.

[image]

The only problem I ran into is that the pedestal cut into the forward wheel access opening. I wrangled about what to do, and in the end just cut the door off to allow a smaller opening.

On the outside, I framed up the bottom of the opening to the level of the new platform and used a piece of aluminum from the air conditioner cutout to match up and cover the lower half plywood. Here's a picture of the "short" access door:

[image]

* This post was edited 03/05/06 03:50pm by rlchenry *

Sunlite Eagle SB
'04 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4x4
Ray's Truck Camper Page

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Rays Popup Projects: Table Pedestal
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.