|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Finally Got The Pics of Mods, Here you Go Spott

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
mjgcamper

Nowhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/06 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

This showing my battery charging system. I can charge one bank of batteries while using the other bank. This way there is no confusing a three stage charger. This charger also has a switch for a constant 13.5 volts to use as a convertor. The anologe volt meter tells me when to switch over to the reserve bank. It's accurate enough for camping purposes.

[image]
This shows my steps permenantly mounted. No more dragging them out of the basement. At the bottom you can see a steel plate to whitch the steps are supported and locked with a screw knob. This is so they won't unfold while traveling.

This photo shows a mounted microwave screwed thru the countertop into the micro rubber legs. On this one I should have maybe installed it inside a cabinet, but, this camper has ample counterspace.

[image]

Steps hooked in the up position for easier basement access. Just pull out grabbar and hook.
[image]
[image]

These two pics show my luggage rack removed due to branches stressing the fiberglass around the screws. While removing the rack, I realized that its other function was to protect those weak plumbing vents that are always a problem. You can see now they are covered and protected by strong stainless steel clamshell covers from West Marine. The plumbing vent pipes are sealed to the fiberglass as it should be on a clamshell constructed camper.
I think it looks better without the rack. What do you think?
[image]
[image]

* This post was last edited 07/09/06 08:51am by mjgcamper *   View edit history

Peace and Good will to all,
don't forget country roads,
try travel em' all.

rmarshall

Louisa, Va, , US

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/06 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MJG,
Nice clean work. I especially like your charging system for dual battery banks.

Thanks for posting the pix.

Dick

2005 F450, CC, 4X4, Lariat, Superhitch, FastGuns, TransferFlow Aux Tank

2005 Lance 1181, Nearly everything but solar.

jponder

Atlanta & Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/06 07:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MAN, I thought you had pictures of BRAD and other Moderators in Compromising positions!!

Seriously, looks like you are ready to roll!

* This post was edited 07/09/06 07:38am by jponder *

SPACE SHUTTLE
2001 4X4 ETH/DEE Reg Cab
Ricksons 285/70R19.5
US Gear Ex Brake
*NO CRUISE CONTROL!!! *
*MANUAL THROTTLE CABLE for 21.3MPG!*
*DRW WORST NIGHTMARE MONSTER TRUCK!*
Camper:
94 Lance EU2000
11700 gw tc+t.
Soon:
Cat Heat& MO BATTERIES!!

maritt3

No. Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/06 08:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the pics mjg. I have the same camper. I plan to mount the steps as you did. As for the luggage rack, mine hasn't been rattled yet but it's worthless otherwise IMO. I wouldn't strap anything to it. My NL is an '04 and it doesn't have the metal caps over the vents. It has little plastic caps attached to the vent. I'd post pics, but in 2 hours I'm leaving for 5 nts. with the beast. Gotta do the last few things...
Thanks again...

'05 Dodge 3500
'04 Northern Lite Ten 2000RR

zag68

So Cal

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/06 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All those mods look great.

The only concern I would have is that if the wind is coming from the rear of the camper, it could make for a stinky toilet flush. But, just part facing the wind, right? [emoticon]

06 F350 4x
Lance 1181
---> Member of the Fraternal Order of da Weight Police <---
Member # 227

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/06 11:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey mjgcamper,

Good post and great mods, I like the battery charging system and the removal of the luggage rack. I wish they didn't bother putting the rack on in the first place since now the holes are there.

The step idea would have been good for our old camper but our NL has the bumper steps, so I won't be steeling that one.

Good job and post anything else you decide to change, I'm always looking for new ideas.

PS, cool looking house

mjgcamper

Nowhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/06 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I thought some might like to see my rig with my newer truck. The flatbed is still with me on the older truck. Gonna' miss those storage boxes on the sides too!

Spott how do you like not having scissor steps?

BTW my house is actually a small log vacation style home. You can't see the logs because of the camper.

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/06 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mjgcamper wrote:

how do you like not having scissor steps?

I really like the bumper mounted steps, very stable and easy to deploy.
[image]

This photo is with the black steps still folded in, you only need to deploy what is needed at the time.

[image]

I haven't written it up yet but I have modified the mounting on the steps(the black section), I made it so they slide under the camper when towing. This allows a shorter extension and they are out of the way.

* This post was edited 07/30/06 02:04pm by Spott *

middlecalf

Sweet, ID

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/06 10:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mjgcamper or Spott-
I have a different NL (8.11 Queen Classic), do you guys have the silly drain hose compartment on the side of your campers? I'm trying to figure out what to use this for, as it's too short (deep) for any reasonable drain hose, and I can't imagine putting a sewer hose that will drain down the side of the camper. Any ideas? I wish this (and the outside shower) were not included.

mjgcamper

Nowhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/06 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use that comparment for my propane fittings and waterfill fittings. That silley thing will leak inside the camper because it's not sealed up. Your right it is rediculoiuly short.

You have to look close at my camper to see that I've removed the plastic door to that used to be on that compartment. You can see a round access cover has replaced it. Forget what they're called, but, the factory door leaked since you could not seal around the hinge. It is badly designed.

I just added the pvc sewer hose tube to store my hose. You can see it under the steps in my pics. It's much better there as I can hook it up to the camper before sliding it out.

Spott, thank you for the pic. It looks real handy with your set-up like that.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Finally Got The Pics of Mods, Here you Go Spott
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS