|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> B Rally #5: Scenic View Family Campground in Logan, OH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 33  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/07 09:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GGup wrote:

Then at the Rally everyone could be told what the costs are for, building, fire wood, meals, etc., and that would be the FEE for each person that attends. Then there is no overage of monies. KISS theory!

Everyone that signs up would know there would be a FEE for attending and this would probably only be about $10 a person...depending on the meals that are ordered. If it is set at $10 we could run short or long and would be better to figure when possible to be very near the actual expenses.
Sounds like the Berea Rally...and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to hog this thread...maybe I should start a blog.

[emoticon]

It's time for a little RV.net Class B Rally history lesson...I collected a rally fee from every person that registered for "The First Ever RV.net Class B Rally" that was held in Berea, Kentucky. Everyone sent me a check in the mail and, fortunately, nobody's check bounced (otherwise my bank would've charged me something like $20). Collecting the individual checks beforehand was enough of a pain (for me) that I decided that I would try and get sponsors to send money for the second rally. I contacted all of the major Class B manufacturers (and one Class B dealership in St. Louis), explained the rally to them, and asked if they would be willing to donate money to help cover rally expenses. My theory was that it would be a lot less work for me to collect a few checks from Class B manufacturers than it would be to collect individual checks as I had done for the first rally. I managed to collect about $800 from a few manufacturers, and this money paid for a catered dinner, 2 continental breakfasts and the pavilion rental. I could have collected more money than I did, and actually turned down what would have been a very generous offer from the dealership. I really didn't want to end up with extra money, thinking that it could become an issue.

There was no rally fee at the second rally thanks to our generous sponsors.

Sally suggested that we have a 50/50 at the second rally, and the winner of the 50/50 (Marilyn, aka NJheart) donated her share of the money back to the rally. We ended up with about $300 in excess money after the second rally.

The excess money increased after the third rally, and has increased again after the fourth rally.

There has not been a rally fee since the first rally, thanks to our generous sponsors and rally attendees.

Long story short...Gary's suggestion is the best, and I agree with Ron that we transition to a "pay-as-you-go" plan. Since there is so much excess cash, there isn't any need to collect individual checks ahead of time. That money becomes a sort of "insurance policy." A rally fee should be collected at some point during the rally. The money that's "in the coffer" would be somehow "rationed" for all future rallies...something like $300 per rally. The rally fee would be determined by taking the actual costs of the rally, minus the $300 (or whatever ration amount), divided by the number of attendees.

I just don't know how we're going to entertain ourselves without an auction. Pin the 3 little windows on the Roadtrek photo, perhaps?

- LJZ

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/07 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GGup wrote:

I might not be able to attend anyway...I have sold my "B" but looking for something again. Might be an American Cruiser thing!!! Always looking for a good deal! ...

"I have sold my "B" ..." [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon] This may not be the place to ask, but since you mentioned it, why? Your Am Cruiser seemed like a really nice rig.

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/07 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are interested in crafts you might like this article.

http://www.homeandawaymagazine.com/content.cfm?a=485

It is an article on southeast Appalachian Ohio that encompasses Logan and Nelsonville, towns in the Hocking Hills area under consideration.

Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Ray&Janie

Indianapolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/07 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did everyone move some place else??

Ray & Janie
Indianapollis, In
2005 Chevy Roadtrek 210V

Sox Fan

Rockville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/07 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well....

This has been the first chance I have gotten to read this thread. I did read a bit of the B4 thread since I subscribed to it but have been too busy (some work some traveling) to look at the entire forum. I have subscribed to this thread now.

Is there still a discussion going on? Have decisions been made?

B4 was our first rally of any type and we'd really like to attend B5 if there is one. We met a lot of wonderful people and for us that is what made the rally. We never even left the campground during B4.

Bob, Leslie and Hart.

2008 Navion iQ

Gotagetgoing

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/07 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think we are waiting on Nick Yanoff and Jim Tewell to complete their investigation of the proposed Ohio site for the next rally before we take a vote. This should be done within a month. This pause in activity is probably a good thing.

Dick

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/07 11:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok couldnt take it any more had to post something on this thread. Looks like next week we should get the info on the Ohio campgrounds.

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/07 07:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's correct. Nick and Chris and Carolyn and myself are taking off tommorrow morning and visiting 4 different campgrounds. I will report back next week on our findings.

Jim

Jim Tewell
2008 Roadtrek 210 Popular

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/07 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry this took so long, but here it is:

Nick & Chris and Carolyn and myself made the trip to Hocking Hills this past weekend and visited a few RV parks in the area and we all agreed on a place to recommend.
Our recommendation is Scenic View Family Campground. We chose this campground vs. the others because we felt Scenic View was better equipped for our group. The owners, Kurt and Lori Hostetter personally run the campground and are a very nice couple.

Scenic View Campground is located right in the heart of all the attractions that Hocking Hills has to offer which include:
Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, Ash Cave Falls and Shopping which includes the Christmas store and Wind Chime Shop
For those of you who are interested, there is also a small hospital and a super Walmart in Logan which is about 6 miles from the campground. For a free Hocking Hills Visitors Guide magazine to come in the mail, just fill out the form on their website.

The campground itself has gone through several upgrades since the new owners have taken it over 5 years ago. They have remodeled the bath houses and constructed a new store. They have also constructed a new pavilion which I believe we can jam up to 120 people into for sit down eating. In addition to the pavilion, there is also a game room that we could use if needed. There is a sign that says no alcohol allowed, but it was put there to discourage college students from camping there and would not apply to our group. Here are a couple of maps and some photos of the campground I took while there. Thanks to Lynne for posting these.

The campground has a total of 43 available sites that at least have electric and another 25 or so “tent” sites that are without any hook ups; tent sites are adequate for our Class B rigs. The owners said they might be adding another 6 electric sites before next year but that’s not a sure thing at this point. There is another large open area that could hold another 20 or so rigs so for primitive camping. Since most of us are self contained, some of us could go primitive and maybe we would not have to limit the number of attendees.

Pricing has not been established yet for 2008, but they agreed to give us a 15% discount for booking during February and 10% discount for booking during March. We cannot book before February and any bookings after March would not be discounted. The average rate would be somewhere around $28 per site with better equipped ones being more and primitive sites being less. For a complete listing of the 2007 rates, go to: Rates

They are willing to let us use the pavilion at no charge but want to charge us a small fee for the game room if we should need it. Also, we will have to buy all wood from them since they are not allowing wood to be brought in the campground due to Ash disease that has been spreading for the last few years.

Other than the 15 or so year round sites they have booked, it is conceivable that we could take over most of this park if the turn out is good.

Jim

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/07 11:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure what happened to these 3 links, but here are 3 different ones:
Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls and Ash Cave Falls.

Jim

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 33  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> B Rally #5: Scenic View Family Campground in Logan, OH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.