|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: Middlebury, Weybridge & Morgan Horse Farm

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our departure starts between days of thunderstorms and too much road construction, we detour through Cowansville, Quebec just to arrive at nearby village of Sutton, Quebec; 34 kilometer detour to go 20 kilometers before our bridge went out!

note the Swiss banner, marking the up-coming Swiss national Day, an annual event in the heavily Swiss populated region we live in

[image]
[image]

St-Albans, Vermont stop for incredibly cheap gas; and, of course fuel for us (coffee) and spending at the tack shop....again. From that vantage point we salute our Doppler radar (Burlington CXX); our anchor in times of weather anxt:

[image]

Middlebury/Weybridge in the morning, while all sleep Silverdunes ventures, walking in the meadows.

The fog, the sheep and the llama all commune into wonderful moments (so many pics a few chosen) to share the beauty and calm of a meadow near the covered bridge:

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

And after breakfast Outfitter/Campie go a ridin' !

[image]

Middlebury Village visited so often, offering so many nice things
the Marble Works Memorial Bridge traversing river to the Saturday market.

[image]
[image]

The waterfall cascading through down-town Middlebury:

[image]
[image]

Then, we're off for a restaurant evening on the river: Mister Ups. We have a river-side table, 5 feet from the water, where we enjoy ducks, and fish. Its great being able to feed the fish with bread crumbs from our table!

[image]

Campie open, back at The ranch early-morning. Minutes later I make some photos of beautiful meadow at the end of the driveway: this morning Silversand takes his chance in the meadow behind house to take advantage of early morning photo opportunities:

[image]
[image]

After a breakfast of pancakes, smoked cheeses, fresh picked fruit, home-made bread and Green Mountain Island Coconut coffee (seasonal blend limited edition/production) we swing out to Morgan Horse Farm next door, just before heading home:

[image]
[image]
[image]

A short trip, same place, though an outing recurring every summer, we never want to pass up the anticipated visits!

* This post was edited 08/21/11 02:37pm by silversand *

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

54suds

adk mts.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/11 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

???? Fire & Ice ????

2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/11 03:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like you have a very scenic area, Silver(s). (Too bad about the winters, though)

Cal

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, 54!

Oh yah, we know Fire & Ice all right [emoticon] Near the old train station

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Looks like you have a very scenic area, Silver(s). (Too bad about the winters, though)

.....nah...11 months of darned cold to sub-sero is nothing [emoticon]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the area seems so familiar... like we went through there last year

We really enjoyed St Albans, VT... we spent a couple of days in the area, both in town ans along the lake.

My hometown, St Albans, WV was named after this town... it's in our towns history.

Thanks to both of you for posting

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

tktplz

Lake Bistineau, Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 04:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cewillis wrote:

That's how I feel too. I lived in DC for 5 years. I couldn't take being trapped inside for 5 months straight because it's freezing outside. I slipped and fell more times in 5 years there than I have my whole life, and I'm 52. I can handle the heat much better. I hate wearing all those clothes. Shorts and a t-shirt most of the year is much better.

"Confidence is the feeling you have before
you fully understand the situation"

1999 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
TorkLift Tie Downs
2010 Travel Lite 690FD
1996 ZX11 Ninja
2000 ZRX1100
2008 Yamaha Zuma 50 Scooter
2010 "Blue" Bulldog, "Luna"

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally, a trip report from Silver! Nice pics there Silver, and good ones from Silverdunes as well. Incredible looking flowers in the one picture, and I like the smile of the subject in another, or was that a poker face. I'm sure you both are in extra appreciation modeof the weather after last winter, and I'll hope you have an easier version this year. I'll hope you get in more trips soon as well.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, Whaz! You just caught me on-line (we're just finishing up yet another thunderstorm). Thanks for your kind comments [emoticon] We're doing as much outdooring as we can; my feeling is that we're in for a Cascade of snow this winter !

Sleepy:

You for sure recognized some of the places in this TR [emoticon] Thanks for reading through our little piece!

Cheers,
Silver-

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/11 09:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the pictures Silver! Of course I loved the flower pics, but what is up with the one with the severe orthodontist issue. I laughed out loud when that pic scrolled up. My laughing woke the dog up, as he probably never hears me laugh out loud. Thanks for taking the time to post your journey.

bryan

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: Middlebury, Weybridge & Morgan Horse Farm
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.