RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Trip Report KETCHIKAN ALASKA with Photos

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report KETCHIKAN ALASKA with Photos

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
thebigtiny

Juneau Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Sorta

I am away from home on assingment in Ketchikan and I have a truck camper so i am reporting a trip but with out the camper???

My Project the State Ferry LeConte, I am the Chief Engineer responsible for everything that makes noise on the ship. the newbuild experimental ship Susitina in the Back ground

[image]

Side car door with deck hand painting

[image]

Nother one of the susitna
[image]

USCG CUTTER SYCAMORE in DryDock
[image]

70 mph winds tore the tarping away
[image]

View from the Bow in Dry dock
[image]

[image]

anybody Know anything about this Boat???
[image]

they are building this Big Building to Build ships in in Ketchikan Alaska

[image]

[image]

[image]

Misc Vessels in Ketchikan
[image]

[image]

and a Beautiful Ketchikan Sunset to say Goodnight this is very rare in Ketchikan.
[image]

[image]

You Guys seemed to like my last trip report so I had a few extra Moments and I thought I would post these for you. Gotta go back to work now

Enjoy

Chris

1999 Dodge CTD 4X4 QCLB, 2013 Ram CTD 4X4 CCSB, 2005 Nash 23ft. Fiver, 1999 Wildwood f30 toy hauler. 2001 Forest river Toy hauler 26ft,2015 Chrysler 200S(DW rig), 2005 Harley Road Glide, 2000 Electra glide STD. 4 Polaris 4 wheelers. 2 great granddaughters

Alfred622

Rochester, MN

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 07:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for posting these. I sure enjoyed looking at them!

Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Eugarps

Hagerstown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 07:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really cool tour! Thanks!

Bill

RRUGG

Newaygo, MI,USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice looking tow vehicles but where are the hitches? Nice photos. Rode the ferry from Haines to Prince Rupert and the water taxi ferry from Haines to Skagway on another trip.

RRUGG
2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 1500 4x4 5.3L
2011 Kodiak 281RLGS travel trailer
2011 Egg Camper
2010 Chrysler Town & Country
Good Sam life members
Bob & Grace professional retirees

Camped in 49 states. Missing Hawaii.

kknowlton

southeast Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/11 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful scenery, as usual for Alaska - and interesting about all the boats/ships. Thanks!

4aSong

Northwest Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing. We were in Ketchikan as few years ago and it it one of our favorite places in Alaska to visit.

M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Joners

Idaho Falls, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing. Great pictures. The only time I was in Ketchikan was on the destroyer USS Watts, DD567, in the summer of 1974, at the same time as the "Tonkin Gulf" incident. The trip included Sitka and Juneau. It's a long story, but provided me (17yrs. old) with a lot of memories and stories to tell, like traditional bar fights with lumberjacks and fishermen who were in town at the same time, and then we (US Navy) shows up and all hell breaks loose. Good times!

1996 Chevy K1500 4X4 Short Box, 5.7L Vortec, E rated tires, Lance Model 820 with Cabover Struts, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags, KYB MonoMax Shocks, Torklift Stable Loads, Happijac Truck Camper Tiedowns and Turnbuckles, Honda Eu2000i Inverter/Generator.

thebigtiny

Juneau Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Joners wrote:

It's a long story, but provided me (17yrs. old) with a lot of memories and stories to tell, like traditional bar fights with lumberjacks and fishermen who were in town at the same time, and then we (US Navy) shows up and all hell breaks loose. Good times!

Nothing has changed still the Lumberjacks and fisherman and sailors all whooping it up for a few of the local womens attention still good times..... whew thank goodness i am married dont know how much more of those good times i coulda taken.

glad everyone likes the pictures.

the fishing boat is the cornilia marie the famous crabber from the show deadlist catch I was surprised no one has commented on that yet.

Chris

Joners

Idaho Falls, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/11 10:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris wrote: "Nothing has changed still the Lumberjacks and fisherman and sailors all whooping it up for a few of the local womens attention still good times..... whew thank goodness i am married dont know how much more of those good times i coulda taken."

That's funny . I don't remember any women while I was there. They were probably smart enough to stay home when the three of us were in town at the same time. I put 1974 as the date in my previous reply, but it was actually 1964.[emoticon]

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/11 12:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cool job with pretty sunsets during the summer but I bet it gets interesting during the winter. Could be a good topic for TC University to post some information about how to and what to expect traveling on the Alaske Marine Highway system with an RV. On WA Sate ferrys, we have to shut off and tag our propane tanks for the duration of the ride. That's fine for a couple hours with a propane fridge but after that, your icecream is a shake.
Enjoyed your pictures and information Tiny.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report KETCHIKAN ALASKA with Photos
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.