RV.Net Open Roads Forum: We know where your paper towels went.

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

 > We know where your paper towels went.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wny_pat

Western NYS

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TexasShadow wrote:

sometimes, my roll of towels will unroll as we're going down the road.
Try a roll of Viva towels. I don't use them in the stick and brick cause their so pricy, but I do use them in the motorhome cause they don't unroll. Good solid paper towel to boot!


“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

Senior Member

Joined: 10/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wny_pat wrote:

TexasShadow wrote:

sometimes, my roll of towels will unroll as we're going down the road.
Try a roll of Viva towels. I don't use them in the stick and brick cause their so pricy, but I do use them in the motorhome cause they don't unroll. Good solid paper towel to boot!

We keep a rubber band on the arm of the paper towel holder that we slip over the roll for transit.


Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F53 chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS
Quadra Bigfoot EZE Levelers
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate


larry cad

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 05/23/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

slickest1 wrote:

Maybe someone ran out of toilet paper and did not want it in the black tank!



Ewwwwww!!!!!!




Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Kanyonkitty

Gerrardstown, WV

Senior Member

Joined: 01/13/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased a very nice paper towel holder from Bed, Bath & Beyond that has a ratcheting mechanism in it. This prevents unwanted unrolling, PLUS it also allows you to tear off a towel(s) with only one hand. Was about 20 bucks. They had a wall mounted version and also a countertop version. No more unfurling towels.


Deep wedgewood blue '99 7.3L PSD F-350 Super Duty crew cab long bed dually or wedgewood blue '97 F-350 7.3L PSD crew cab longbed SRW, Member: Sunlineclub.com Rescue a retired Greyhound, greyt calm low maintenance traveling companions

cjoseph

WV

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

wny_pat wrote:

TexasShadow wrote:

sometimes, my roll of towels will unroll as we're going down the road.
Try a roll of Viva towels. I don't use them in the stick and brick cause their so pricy, but I do use them in the motorhome cause they don't unroll. Good solid paper towel to boot!

We keep a rubber band on the arm of the paper towel holder that we slip over the roll for transit.


I squeeze the roll and flatten it in the center. This keeps it from unrolling.


Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

Senior Member

Joined: 10/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 09:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cjoseph wrote:

Dutch_12078 wrote:

wny_pat wrote:

TexasShadow wrote:

sometimes, my roll of towels will unroll as we're going down the road.
Try a roll of Viva towels. I don't use them in the stick and brick cause their so pricy, but I do use them in the motorhome cause they don't unroll. Good solid paper towel to boot!

We keep a rubber band on the arm of the paper towel holder that we slip over the roll for transit.


I squeeze the roll and flatten it in the center. This keeps it from unrolling.

The problem I've seen at times is that travel vibration will unwind the paper from the roll without the roll turning at all. The rubber band stops that.

W4RLR

Sewanee, Tennessee

Senior Member

Joined: 12/10/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 10:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It beats "John Wayne" toilet paper. "John Wayne" toilet paper is rough, tough, and doesn't take******off of anyone!


Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy


ajchase

North Carolina

Full Member

Joined: 04/15/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

amandasgramma wrote:

So I'm guessing the window was left open????????


I think so too!

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 06/13/12 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Closing the window would stop it too...........Dennis


MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
Chevy HHR W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG


TexasShadow

Spring Branch, TX USA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/12/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/13/12 11:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

re paper towels unwinding...thanks for all the good tips to prevent it.


TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
( Sometimes ) BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
M&G aux brake system
Datastorm 3990
854 watts of solar power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

 > We know where your paper towels went.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS