|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furnace cool-down period

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
FMB

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/04 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Arctic Fox's furnace warms the place up ok, but when it reaches the temperature to shut down, it begins its cooling down cycle. I guess that is so the furnace isn't 'put away' hot. And its this cool down cycle I have the question about.

At the end of heating, the furnace shuts down for about 1 whole second, then the blower turns on for 90 seconds. Then, it turns off for 1 whole second again then turns on for 90 seconds. This repeats 5 times for a total of 7 1/2 minutes of cool down time. Is that normal?

FMB
'15 RAM 3500 CTD Laramie Limited 4WD LB
'04 Arctic Fox 24-5N (Raisen) (Gifted in 2018)

cruiseair buck

malvern,pa

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/04 11:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my furnace doesnt do that,maybe its to blow the hot air around the RV? Did you get an operators manual with the RV for the furnace? I find lots of info in the owners manuals. good luck with your RV

buck

marsht01

MI - USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/04 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That does sound wierd. After our furnace brings up the temp it kicks the burner off and then blows the air around for about 90 sec. Then it shuts off. Sounds like its got a sensor not operating correctly.

Love2Drive

PORTLAND, OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/04 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No it's not normal. You have a defective fan switch. the switch is designed to allow the furnace to deliver the heat built up in the furnace so that your house dosen't over heat. the sequence is: The warm air deliver fan starts when this proves then the burner ignites. (if there is a forced draft blower on the combustion chamber this also has to start and prove before the burner will ignite) This all starts with a dmand for heat from the room thermostat. The thermostat has a heat anticepator in it that shuts the burner down before the room reaches temperature. At this point the air delivery fan should continue to run until the furnace cools down. Any cycling of the fan indicates a small differential between the on and off settings of the fan switch.

* This post was edited 02/22/04 12:34pm by Love2Drive *

A smart man can find more than one way to spell a word.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furnace cool-down period
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.