RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: K/M resorts?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Wilbur4321

Renton, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/02 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ibsharkie:

Did you ever get the chance to go see one of the resorts? I'm curious how it went?

Thanks!
--randy

1998 Palm Breeze 32.5'
me, wife and 7 little ones! (yes, kids!)
Our pictures

ibsharkie

Silverdale, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/02 03:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To all who responded. Yes, we did go and see the campsite in Sequim. Very nice! Super people there and yes the 125 mile rule is waived even with the Coast to Coast and RPI since we got the Coast Deluxe. Going to Maple Grove last weekend in Mar if anyone wants to join us.

We were lured into their resell. They claimed a little old lady lost her husband, kids not interested and she was one of the original 100 who were guaranteed a buyback should they choose to sell. We got the K/M for $1995, Coast Deluxe for an additional $500. Was there story truth? Who knows, but feel we got a good deal. Have already gone camping twice this year and have only spent $1/night electricity and $2/night cable. Total was about 10 bucks for two weekends. Not bad in my book.

Jeff

ibsharkie

Silverdale, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/02 03:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually, the 125 rule is also a K/M rule. As for Coast, you can bypass that with Coast Deluxe for Coast. Not sure about RPI but haven't seen much I'm interested in RPI so didn't buy that part of it.

Jeff

Todd

Graham, Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/02 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeff.
You said you liked the campgrounds in Sequim.
We haven't been to that campground yet.
If the weather turns a bit warmer we might head down to Maple Grove.

Sounds like you bought the same package we bought.
Kinda hard to get over the start up cost but i know we had a blast last year.
I dont know if you have been to Maple Grove but they actually have two areas.
One is all grass(usually the bigger rigs park there) and the area in the trees.
The tree area only has water and electricity. No sewer.
If you golf bring your clubs.

Hope to see ya sometime.

Todd
'97 GMC Yukon
'01 Kiwi 23b
http://home.att.net/~fagering4/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Todd

Graham, Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/02 08:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeff.
Did you go camping over the weekend?

Wilbur4321

Renton, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/02 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeff,

I think you got a great deal -- we paid $3500 and didn't get Coast Deluxe for that, either, unfortunately. If that's only another $500, I might just have to join, as there's a couple nice C.D. parks very near our house.

Last weekend of March is Easter, family coming over, can't go anywhere, blah! Last year we had Easter on the road, much better!

--randy

ibsharkie

Silverdale, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/02 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear your stuck at home. We planned that weekend since it was far enough for me to arrange time off and my wife also. We're going to Maple Grove and if it's nice, will go again in April. We just sold our property, so my wife gets to quit her job and all weekends become open! Yahoo!!!

Jeff

ibsharkie

Silverdale, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/02 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you told me about the septic. I don't really need it, but after 3 days, I like the ability to dump without unhooking/moving. Oh yes, bringing my clubs! I'm going to take my son and make him walk with me, while the wife and little girl do their thing. Drawback of taking my son...he likes to fish, I don't. If he goes with me for golf, I have to take him fishing. Maybe I'll learn to like it.

Todd

Graham, Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/02 12:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last year when we went to Maple Grove my 5 year old wanted to go fishing.
Maple Grove has a big pond that they stock with trout for the small kids to fish in.
I've never trout fished before but they have some good size fish in there.
It was great when my son caught his first fish and him reeling it in. By the time i had the fish up on the grass he was gone in a blaze and all i could hear him saying is "i gotta tell mommy".
I dont even think he saw the fish [emoticon]

They have a great indoor swimming pool also. So bring your suits.

How did you like Sequim?

ibsharkie

Silverdale, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/02 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Planned on the suits for sure...and I've never seen my son go fishing, but my ex takes him when she gets visitation and he enjoys it.

Sequim is a very pretty area. The average age in the city is 62, and folks are friendly as can be. The average rainfall is only 16 inches/yr, but of course it rained all last weekend we were there. They have pull thru sites, back in sites, and all have septic, elect, water, etc. except for the tent sites. Fred is the guy who runs it and he's been doing a lot of upgrades (concrete walkways to the showers/hot tub, etc) Saturday is usually potluck dinner. Not mandatory, but we've had a great time both of our visits. On Saturday morning, they have been doing a pancake feed for $2/person and ice cream on Friday nights. We were assigned Elma as our home park which is further for us so we adopted Sequim as our home. K/M said Elma was based upon where we bought our RV, but in their own offering, it states clearly that your home park is based upon your residence (whichever is closer)....

You'll love Sequim and we are getting excited about Maple Grove.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.