RV.Net Open Roads Forum: How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 825  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TreeSeeker

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/19 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 79 Dodge's fuses for the chassis are in the glovebox.

Capt Steve

central CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 12:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

edit- Found the stupid fuse box in the stupid glove box on top of the stupid dash and I feel stupid,

My '78 doesn't have a glove box. I did get 3 of my clearance lights working so the fuse must be ok.

TreeSeeker wrote:

My 79 Dodge's fuses for the chassis are in the glovebox.

* This post was last edited 02/07/19 01:23pm by Capt Steve *   View edit history

My rig's a little old but that don't mean she's slow.

eyeteeth

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My clearance lights are a constant battle to keep working.... I've been thinking of going LED as well.

Leeann

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just ran new ground wires to everything. It was the only way to get them working and keep them working.

'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

eyeteeth

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The wiring and grounds are good... it's the contact to the light. I'm sure it was fast, convenient, and worked 40 years ago... but now... no so much.

On a different note... I added an Onan genset to mine... wondering what it would take... how difficult it would be to draw fuel from the tank, and not splice it off the fuel line to the engine. I bet someone here has some advice.

Leeann

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our Onan, we use the rear (27 gal) tank. It has 2 pickups; one short that usually is used for the genset so it can’t leave you with no fuel to get to the gas station, and one long, usually the feed for the engine.

We switched them because that is our third tank. The first two are both 35 gal. We feed the engine from the rear tank first until the level’s below the short straw, then from the middle tank, then from the front tank. That way, we lose the weight from the rear first.

RV and marine supply places should have a two-pickup system to install in your tank.

eyeteeth

SW Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well... that sounds like a lot of work...

Griff in Fairbanks

AK

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/19 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eyeteeth wrote:

Well... that sounds like a lot of work...

There's a lot of likely problems with using a single fuel pickup for two engines.

Most OEM pickups aren't large enough for two engines, leaving one or both engines being starved for fuel.

If you have an engine-driven fuel pump, it could draw all the fuel from the genset line and then start sucking air when that's gone.

In the same situation, the genset could draw all the fuel out of the engine line. That would make engine hard to start. Or, the engine could start using the fuel in the carburetor bowl and die as soon as that runs out. In either case, you could wind up cranking the engine more than you should, shortening the lifespan of the starter and battery.

Worse case is the genset could leave you without enough fuel to get to where you need to go, especially after an extended stay.

Those are likely problems I can think of off the top of my head. It's quite likely you'll experience a lengthy period of frustration.

If you don't want to go with the work of a dual pickup, stick with a separate tank for the genset.

1970 Explorer Class A on a 1969 Dodge M300 chassis with 318 cu. in. (split year)
1972 Executive Class A on a Dodge M375 chassis with 413 cu. in.
1973 Explorer Class A on a Dodge RM350 (R4) chassis with 318 engine & tranny from 1970 Explorer Class A

my440

Monashees British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi
1977 B300
Brake problem, peddle does not return without the assistance of my foot pulling it back.
edit:
wish to delete post but can't.
I have just found the posts back in this thread I previously posted on my braking troubles and will consult them. Been awhile.

* This post was edited 04/30/19 10:28am by my440 *

Mr_steveo

San Francisco

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/19 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OOooooo Baby! This was exactly the group I was looking for! Wife and I just bought a 1976 Dodge Jamboree to fix up! Going through the basic wiring updates now and will probably circle back as more difficult problems arise but wanted to just say hello!

Cheers,
Mr_Steveo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 825  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS