RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs: Corona Cocktails ala Mrs. Geo

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Corona Cocktails ala Mrs. Geo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
Geometricenigma

Cabot, Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/05 01:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Corona Cocktails, which Mrs. Geo may have invented (I'll have to ask her), are a delightful summer beverage. You'll need ICE cold Corona beer, limes, margarita salt, Frank's Red Hot, and cold boiled shrimp large enough to fit snugly in a Corona bottle opening.

Boil and chill the shrimp to prefection. Peel them but leave the tail on. Open a bottle of Corona and squeeze a slice of lime into it getting the lime slice into the bottle, and getting plenty of lime juice on the opening. Put the margarita salt liberally on the opening of the bottle. Douse a shrimp with the Frank's Red Hot, then push it into the bottle opening tail up and out. Yes, the Frank's Red Hot gets in the bottle. Serve. Plan to have plenty on hand because they always go fast and you'll run out. You've gotta try it to believe it. Damn near better than pu.. Nah..

I'm telling you these things are addictive. They seem to make you drink. People who like beer and like shrimp can't seem to suck 'em down fast enough. The combination of flavors is perfect. They also look neat and appealing. So, if you serve them to guests, lay in way more than you think necessary. The down side is that folks suck them down faster than they'd normlly drink and are subject to sudden drunkenness - especially in a relaxed cookout/party environment. Jeanie serves them as whores ovaries (hors d'ouvres) like an appetizer before the real food is served - gives them a chance to straighten out before driving home. We've actually had requests to serve these at outdoor get-togethers from people we've made them for on prior occasions. Don't say I didn't warn you..

Do yourself a favor and click this link:

The Geo Method Home Page

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/05 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmmmmm I am getting thirsty just reading about it. I'll be down at the grocery store, Open, Open, Open..............

Show me the GRILL and STAND BACK!!!!

Geometricenigma

Cabot, Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/05 08:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I should have knowwn The Grillmeister would sniff this one out. Grilli, once you have sampled Corona Cocktails would you please post a review. I'll be serving them at a cookout at a friend's home on May 8th - at their request.

BTW, they're equally popular with both men and women.

mike6256

Hellertown Pa USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/05 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW, that sounds great [emoticon]
I ready now.

2003 Dodge 3500 dually 4wd (Diesel)
6spd w/4.10 rear
2012 Open Range 392BHS

TTBeachBum

Landlocked!!!!!!!!! :O

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/05 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perfect timing for Cinco De Maio (my holiday [emoticon] )

kennard04

Vancouver Wash

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/05 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

let's see, I LOVE Corona, I love shrimp, lime is my favorite flavor and I am a hot sauce addict. This may be a very bad combination for me. I may be writing you in a year and asking how do I lose the hundred pounds I put on, but I gotta try this, thanks !

Ken, wife-Kathleen, 6 kids, 11-25 yrs. 24' bunkhouse towed by the almighty Ford V10 in an ext length E-350.

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/05 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well OK, now two days later I have finally sobered up enough to post a review.

First, this sounds like a strange combo, so I had to try it. Corona isn’t my favorite beer and I had never tried that brand hot sauce. I had never boiled shrimp before either. I was pretty skeptical from the start.

I opened up the “Grillmeister” laboratory and started frosting up some Coronas with some
Professional Ice.
I boiled a handful of shrimp and threw them in a bag with the ice to chill them.

When the BEER was down to about 25 degrees I began assembling the lethal combination. Sliced then squeezed my lime and dropped it in the bottle, applied course salt to the rim and inserted the Shrimp doused with the hot sauce.

The initial explosion of flavors is indescribable each one being so distinct from the other. The effect is hypnotic and addictive. After the first four of these, a couple Martinis and I don’t know what else.........
What ever happened after that is pretty much a mystery. But Mrs. Grilli tells me I had a GREAT TIME!!![emoticon]

I give this beverage the Official Grillmeister seal of approval. When I retire and write the “Drunkin Bastard Barbeque Cookbook” I will definitely include it. I will have to give Mrs. Geo credit for it, the rest of the recipes I plan to present with the following preface:

“The best Drunks in the country have killed a billion brain cells to develop these recipes so I could steal them and call them my own.”
click for pic

"True knowledge is only gained by wasted money"

* This post was last edited 05/03/05 07:52pm by Grillmeister *   View edit history

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/05 09:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo wrote:

Grilli, label that pick

Done!!

Grillmeister

BBQ TOUR USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/05 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo wrote:

sudden drunkenness

Now their is a term I can identify with [emoticon]

Geometricenigma

Cabot, Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/05 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are these snacks, drinks, both, or something else? Grilli, label that pick so that people know what it is and they'll take a look at a genuine Corona Cocktail - "Una Cervesa Mas Fina!"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Corona Cocktails ala Mrs. Geo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.