RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What's the Story Behind Your UserName???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's the Story Behind Your UserName???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 58  
Next
Sponsored By:
NYYYCEandEEEEZY

The Hudson Valley or Someplace Else

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen threads asking about whether we had names for our RV's and whether we had personalized vanity license plates for them but, even after a search, I wasn't able to find out whether anything had ever been asked about how each of us chose our usernames/member names/what are often seen referred to as author names. For some of us, it's fairly obvious. But what if you call yourself NYYYCEandEEEEZY? I might wonder about that!

Many of your names are also unusual, many are quite creative and imaginative and some are downright mysterious. I'm wondering whether your names might have any hidden meanings that you'd be willing to share and, before I get swept off to ATC, I'm also wondering how any of those hidden meanings may relate to either your RV or Rv'ing in general, either directly or indirectly. Oh heck, even if they don't there might be an interesting story there somewhere!

OK, who wants to go first?

Robert AKA: EEEEZY

You can't get us confused. I'm also "Nice", but NYYYCE is Never "Easy"!

NYYYCEandEEEEZY

The Hudson Valley or Someplace Else

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great question! I’ll start things off. When I got back into motorcycling after over 30 years without one, I decided to take a safety course. So, our son and I, and another friend, enrolled and took the 2 ½ day course. This course had all levels of riders from no experience to someone like me who had taught himself all the wrong things so long ago. All during the course, the instructor kept saying we should eeeeze off the clutch and eeeeze on the throttle. Well, in a respectful, very appreciative but funloving way, I began to imitate him and, after a time, the other students started to call me Eeeezy and it stuck. Then, it was simply a matter of thinking of a nickname for Donna. What goes with Easy? Slow and Easy! No, that won’t go over too well! Easy Does It? That’s worse! Easy Come, Easy Go? Just not right for this situation! What about Nice and Easy? If you knew Donna, that’s perfect but, since my Easy came to be spelled Eeeezy because of the way the instructor kept saying eeeeze off the clutch, etc., we had to come up with an appropriate spelling for Nice. NYYYCEandEEEEZY was born. Each name is now on the respective license plates for our bikes and a shortened version is on the plate to our RV.

CPC

San Fernando Valley, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/05 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! We not as complicated as that. We live in Canoga Park and we're a couple therefore "CPC." Not very thrilling is it? [emoticon]

ON EDIT: I seem to remember that this subject was broached about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago so I doubt that it's still in the history files.

local temperature

Our Pics.

jjoe

Charlotte, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/05 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, my first name is Joe and my middle name starts with J, so........ [emoticon]

04 Fleetwood Revolution, 06 Honda CRV

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Robert, when I first logged onto this forum, I did not realize how all consuming and addictive it would become. Thus, I casually tried first, Larry. When that was rejected as already being in use, I proceeded to add letters from my last name until I had something the forum considered unique. Little did I realize then that I would be saddled with it "forever", nor did I realize how involved I would be with this forum. Guess now I'm stuck.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone familiar with handguns (particularly Sigarms) will know what mine means.

767CAPT

Olivenhain, CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a guess?

Jammom

Central IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use this all over the net. It is one of 2 that I use actually . This one is because of my children's names and I'm their Mom (See siggy to understand)

Cindi & Charlie
Jennifer, Alyssa & Matthew

Pics of the Jammer

firegolf

Auburn, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like to golf and I'm a firefighter.

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/05 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmm...my first name is Rick and my last name is long and begins with a "J". Not very resourceful, am I?

767CAPT...let me try to guess...You live in APT 767C, right? Oops...dang dyslexia. [emoticon]

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (25-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (20), 2 boys (21 & 18).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 58  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What's the Story Behind Your UserName???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.