|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Portable Air Compressors

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TonyMin

Walnut Creek CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at all the little ones, minimum 100psi and a tank of maybe 1 1/2 gallons. I found the lightest in weight was the Husky sold by Home Depot for about $79
I started it up, lowered one of my rears to 70psi and it pumped it right back up to 80. Now it is bolted down in one of the compartments. I bet it is around 20 lbs.

'98 Shasta Cheyenne 280 highrise, widebody

Ayden

San Jose, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use this for my E450 C-Class 80psi rear and 65psi front tires as I have not found a suitable compressor for both tires, toys, and home improvement projects.

[image][image]

The deflation kit that comes w/ this unit is not shown.

Here's the Home Depot write up:

HUSKY
Easy Air To Go 1.75 Gal, 135 PSI Mobile Compressor With Deflation Kit
Model Y1010

New Husky Easy Air to Go Compressor has a new telescoping handle and wheels for convenient, portable use. The new cord wrap feature reduces storage size when not in use. Inflate tires and sporting equipment, blow up balloons and beach toys, or air blow dry and clean with the 5 piece Inflation Kit and Blow Gun. Maximize your storage space by using the 7 Piece Deflation Kit to eliminate unwanted air in sealable storage bags or inflatable items, like rafts and air mattresses. The 1.75 gallon air reservoir increases run time of air tools for maximum use and efficiency. The 25' hose recoils for quick clean up.

• 135 Max PSA and 2 SCFM at 90 PSI provides enough air for brad nailing, paint spraying, inflation and more.
• Comes with a 7 piece air deflation kit, hose, blow gun and 5 piece air inflation kit
• Oil-free, maintenance-free pump
• Quite operation
• Weighs only 26 Lbs.

Works great for all my cars and C-Class, bikes, inflatable boat, balls, 1-1/2" brad nailer. The deflator works great on the boat.

Like Bordercollie I too bought quick disconnects from HD and also a calibrated inflater tool that gives you the PSI readings as you fill.

FWIW worth I could never get my Truck Air compressor to work on any of my cars. The clip on air attachment just wouldn't do anything.

I hope this helped some,

K3BH

Slower Lower Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My rig has the remote fill air bag option, and there's a compressor and a small storage tank in one of the compartments for bag adjustments. The coach has 3 or 4 air outlets in compartments near the tires and the mfgr. provided a removable hose to use to fill tires.

The pump is not super fast, but does the job nicely. I think the compressor is a Firestone 9210 compressor, which is quite small and light. I like the permanent installation and the convenience for filling tires.

Jay

Jay, Susan, 2 cats in Bigfoot 29G 6.0L PSD. Toad Saturn Ion. SMI-Brake Silent Partner Stay-in-Play. Demco baseplate & tow bar.

bsprague

Milton, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a 120 volt "inflator" made by Campbell Hausfeld. It is a compressor without the tank. It is very light, very small and very cheap. I bought it at Wal-Mart for about $35, but have seen the same thing under other brands, like Coleman. My tires need a little over 100 psi.

Why fill a heavy tank so that you can fill the tire. Just fill the tire directly!

Look at http://www.chpower.com/ and do a search on RP4000 or "inflator" for a picture.

Bill Sprague
2004 Beaver Monterey, 8.3 ISC 350 Cummins
2007 Ford Edge AWD
9 ft Quicksilver inflatable boat w/ 15 hp Suzuki

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 12V plug in type. Because I knew it would be slow I got one that you can set the pressure that you want it to shut off at.
I've used it once on my class C MH. We use it often for our bicycles.
Very light weight, and very slow on MH tires, works great on bicycles tires.

Dusty R.

SANDFANATIC

LAKESIDE, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use this one from Craftsman.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.d........15239000&bidsite=&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

[image]

I've tried the 12V ones and was never happy with them. I really like this one.

2001 Itasca Sundancer 31C
Towing a.......
22' enclosed trailer
2001 Banshee
2006 Polaris Preditor 50
2003 Chenowth Explorer TA

Or a......

03 Jeep Wrangler

HiTech

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsprague wrote:

I use a 120 volt "inflator" made by Campbell Hausfeld. It is a compressor without the tank. It is very light, very small and very cheap. I bought it at Wal-Mart for about $35, but have seen the same thing under other brands, like Coleman. My tires need a little over 100 psi.

Why fill a heavy tank so that you can fill the tire. Just fill the tire directly!

I agree. The tank units are great but I don't need the tank for what I do on the road. The cheapest 120V units seem as good as or better to me as the best 12V inflators. And a 120V extension cord is a lot easier to come by.

Jim

mikebNJ

Eatontown, NJ USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/05 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am with Ayden and have the husky as well. The calibrated inflation tool sounds like something that is worth looking into! Thanks

Mike

2005 Coachmen Leprechaun 314ss

patterpusher

Pineola, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/05 10:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a difference a day makes. The Husky and the Craftsman 150 psi Compact both look pretty good to me. Has anyone filled a rear Class C tire, say from 60 psi to 80 psi? If so how long did it take to fill the time? Was there any problem with over heating? I'm also wondering if the initial current surge when the compressor starts is a problem when operating it from a 4K generator. The specs don't say anything about starting current or wattage consumed. A 4K genset will only put out a max of about 35 amps. Should I buy a 10 or 12 gauge extension cord for it? I have to go to Johnson City, TN next week and would like to be armed with all the information I can get. Thanks a million for all the input. Patter

THE ROLLING TURTLE
2005 Dutchmen Express 28A Chevy chassis
2005 Saturn Vue toad
Photo's in and of my Rig

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/05 11:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JohnieL wrote:

Today I bought a 110 volt, AC, compressor. Our MH has a generator, so if boondocking it can still be used. It has a 2 gallon tank, max pressure is 115psi, air delivery: @40psi 3.8CFM, @90psi 2.4CFM. It has an automatic cutoff, and no time restriction when using it. The weight is 15 pounds. I can use a regular two-way air chuck so I can get to the valve stems of the dual tires, not one of those cheap "clip on" ends the will not fit through the holes in my rims. I got it at Kragen Auto Stores, the total price was $46.00. I plan to try it out in the next couple of days. If there is a problem I'll add another post here.

JohnieL
2003 Jamboree 29V

I saw that adv

and thought about getting one,

give it a test or two and keep us posted

thanks

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Portable Air Compressors
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.