|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Screen resolution for pictures in text

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/05 02:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ok DavidG, it's been cleared with "the man behind the curtain" and you're absolutely right as it does work again. I'll be working up another turorial soon. In the meantime, here's an oldie but goodie and feel free to copy the pointer:

[image][image]

p.s., the enlargement of the logo is one that will print on an 8x10 paper stock....

* This post was edited 11/05/06 02:55pm by RVSnowbird *

LMickey

NorthEast Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/05 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's an individual in the ATC Picture posting Thread who almost always exceeds the pixel size limitations as well exceeding the 100kb limit. I currently have his pictures blocked because of this. Occasionally, I would like to view his pictures and to see if he has resized them, but I can't figure how to unblock them. I am using Firefox as a browser.

2000 3550BSL Rexhall Aerbus
2002 Chevy Malibu Toad

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/05 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LMickey,
When you say you have blocked his pictures, do you mean you have blocked his posts or everybodies pictures? I don't think you can block an individuals pictures. (If you can, please post so how so I want make that mistake again.)

Assuming you have blocked the member's posts. Go to My Forums. Click on the second link from the right, Blocked Members

A window will open that has a list of all the memebers you have blocked. Click on the Remove link for the member(s) you want to unblock.

Tom

LMickey

NorthEast Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/05 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have his images blocked. In Firefox, if I right click on the image, it gives me the option to block images from that particular site and account. I do not have the member blocked. Everybody elses images in the thread show up.

Nevermind, I figured out how to unblock his images.

* This post was edited 12/25/05 07:31pm by LMickey *

2002 Chevy Malibu Toad

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/05 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you have been a member for a long time LMickey. Do you remember the last major upgrade last March that corrected the oversized signature pictures? I had several members blocked up to that point too but now they are standardized to not exceed 500x100 and 30kb file size. I've since unblocked those members.

We have another major upgrade coming soon and it has been hinted that oversized pictures within text messages might get the same attention. The problem deals with monitor resolution as those with 1024x768 and larger don't see the scrolling necessary for 800x600 resolution monitors. One oversized picture forces side-scrolling for an entire page.

Kudo's to Firefox for allowing an individual members posts to be blocked but as Tom says, you can do that here also. If it were the case where you can block only the picture portion of a post, I would like to add that procedure to the tutorial portion of this topic. Let me know by posting here or sending me a private message..... ok?

....RVSnowbird

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/05 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I misunderstood your question. I thought you were using a forum tool to block the picture.

Questions relating to a browser will usually get a quick answer in the Technology Corner forum.

Tom

LMickey

NorthEast Texas, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/05 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought it was a forum function. But, after further research into Firefox, I realized it was a Firefox function.[image]

To do it from within Firefox, right click on the offending image and you will have the option to block all images from that account at the posting site. To unblock goto Tools, Options, Content (or Web for older Firefox versions - I have 1.5), click Exceptions by Load Images and delete the account you want to unblock. For instance I have all images from i17.photobucket.com blocked. This also blocks the ones that meet the Forum size criteria. I got curious to see what some of the images were other members were talking about and was trying to find a way to temporarily unblock it.

Also, if there is only one or two images on the page and you don't want to block that members images, Firefox has the Image Zoom extension available, where, if you right click on the image, you can do a negative zoom on the image (i.e. 75% or 50% size) and it will stay in effect as long as you're on that page and makes the entire page where you won't have to side scroll. Of course, if you come back to that page again, you will have to do it all over again.

[image]

* This post was last edited 12/25/05 10:06pm by LMickey *   View edit history

2002 Chevy Malibu Toad

JTMO

Novato, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/05 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or, site admins could use Javascript to resize all pictures.
DSLreports does that, it's great. We had the same problems over there for years.
Most browers have Java Script turned on by default so it would benefit most users.
Or, maybe Justin does it on the servers. I just assume it is Java script resized.

Cedar Creek 27LRLS 7359 dry with extensive options/7700+ loaded.
2003 Expedition 5.4 FX4 with factory Tow 3.73 Bilstein shocks. GCVWR 14500, Tow rating with no cargo 8650
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy, Barker Electric jack. Coachnet ERS
Rallies=14
My travel albums

wd

SoCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/06 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
This is a test for picture posting

rldcjd

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/06 01:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
this is a test

* This post was edited 11/05/06 01:56pm by rldcjd *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Screen resolution for pictures in text
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.