|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Bug Removal

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Ayden

San Jose, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 12:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GRWRVING wrote:

You have to soak them in a bucket of warm water for a while before you use them. They will suds up a little and I have been using them for 3 years without a noticable change to the fiberglass or painted surfaces on the hood and fenders. Don't use them dry or that might scratch the finish. It makes bug removal a cinch.

Thanks for the reply GRWRVING. I'm glad the results of the sheets have paid off well for you. Have you been using the sheets since you had the RV new? Just curious. Mine is model '04 and still looks new. I'd like to keep it that way for as long as I can.

Is yours a '99 or newer? Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Ayden

mcwester

River Falls,Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 12:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used the dryer sheets for the first time last week and its amazing how well it does work.I used 2 sheet to do the entire front of my fiver,it took less than 10 minutes.I just soaked them in a bucket of soapy water.It didnt hurt the finish at all.I also used them when I store the rig for the winter and have never had a mouse since I started using them.

Ayden

San Jose, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 01:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the general rving forum no one ever questioned the amazing cleaning attributes, but not in terms of possible finish damaged. I feel really encouraged to try out the bounce sheets so far w/o concern for my house surface.

I do however have to question the merits of mouse eradication given the questionable results given in the general forum. The sheets have either worked or shifted the population to another area of the RV and/or there were no changes.

Thankfully I've not had an issue w/ mice.

The snow man

de pere, wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 03:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, you've made a believer out of me on the bouncey bug issue...i'll give it a try tomorrow, thanks Ayden...also, is there some kind of spray i can use to keep the mud builders from building their hives in my a/c or my fridge exhaust vents etc? haven't had a problem so far and i don't want to start now...how about the mouse problem? no problem there yet either on my motorhome but i don't want to take any chances with those critters either...i also have an '04 model that's like new and i want to keep it that way...i've also heard that Mr Green works well on bug removel...my best friend uses it on his aluminum trailer with great results...not sure how it will affect fiberglass though...Dick

The beatiful MONSTER that takes my wife and I anywhere we want to go...2005 Jayco granite ridge...Overhead entertainment center, slide out, and a snowmobile trailer that pulls 2 four wheelers in the summer and 2 snowmobiles in the winter..Life is great!

The snow man

de pere, wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 03:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks GRWRVING, 3 years is good enough for me...Didn't know about the soaking in warm water before using bounce...Dick...

minnie26a

Hartford, CT

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 04:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tried wd-40 two days ago and it didnt help at all. Then I moved to mineral spirits (same thing as Bug n Tar remover) and that helped a little bit. Then I used wax with more elbow grease and they began to come off. As stated above though, clean them off ASAP but even more importantly, make sure your motorhome is waxed which also helps greatly from preventing them from sticking. I'll try the bounce sheets too - I had forgotten about that!

2006 Keystone Outback 21RS
2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Baurer 5.4L
Equal-i-zer hitch
Kipor KGE3000TI generator

mcwester

River Falls,Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 04:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ayden
In the fall when it starts to get cold the mice start to look for a place to nest for the cold winter,I throw the scented dryer sheets all over the interior of my rig.I also put them in the outside compartments,stuff them were ever the mice could enter the rig.Mice do not like the wind and they do not like the smell of the scented sheets.I swear by it.No stink of moth balls and no poision for kids or other pets to get into.

surf-fisher

East Central Fla.

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes-the "Bounce fabric sheets" did the job. Just spray the hood and grill with a hose and start wiping. I only used one sheet for about ten minutes and I was done with the front end.

Wayne & Darlene
Inc. 1966
2002 Gulfstream Ultra,31'
Ford 450 V-10
1 spoiled rotten longhaired Dachshund

JeF4y

Sussex, WI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WD-40... the 'WD' should be for "wonder drug". This stuff will clean just about anything, especially oil based******(tar & adhesives included). I use it to clean just about everything including my motorcycle, cars, and grimy dishes.

I borrowed my brother's old turkey fryer last year and cleaned it with WD-40 when I was done. When I gave it back, he honestly thought I bought him a new one... WD-40 works better than simple green or the orange stuff when cleaning grease.

I've heard about the dryer sheets but haven't tried them yet. Perhaps I will tonight.

It is not until you've lost everything, that you can truly gain anything.

2005 Gulfstream Endura 6316 Duramax
23' Pace American hauling my race bikes
http://www.cbr600rr.com

Ayden

San Jose, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ginvickellor wrote:

...is there some kind of spray i can use to keep the mud builders from building their hives in my a/c or my fridge exhaust vents etc? haven't had a problem so far and i don't want to start now...how about the mouse problem? ...Dick

Hi Dick,

The only effective solution I've read about mud daubers on the forum is to purchase fine weave netting from HD or Lowes and mount it to the furnace and fridge (on edit: covers) so the bugs can't get in.

For the mice I've read that steel wool (dirty pot cleaners - maybe plastic wool-type cleaners will work as well) in possible entry points of the RV is effective in keeping them out. The problem is taking the time to search and concur the entry points.

That's about all I've learned regarding these 2 pests.

Regards,

Ayden

* This post was edited 06/21/05 11:13am by Ayden *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Bug Removal
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.