|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Norcold Refrigerator Problem

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Nevrdun

Smethport, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 04:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did try a search on this problem, however, didnt find a solution so... On my first trip this past weekend the brand new frige quit working totally after less than 36 hours of operation. I get an error message "no co" and an audible alarm. I tried to do a reset as the manual called for without success. The doors were closed and as far as I could tell the vent is clear. Frige will not work on AC either. Any trouble shooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

May I become the person my dog thinks I am

Retired Mech.1998

Brentwood, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/05 10:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi; My norcold did the same thing took it back & they replaced the circut board. fixed the problem. seems norcold got a batch of faulty circut boards but wouldn't do a recall.Kurt

2005Chevy Silverado 3500 Ex cab DRW D Max Allison Stock.32.5 HitchHiker II LS

ChuckD

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/05 03:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had this happen a couple of times-I just shut it all off, and restart. Works on mine, although this may not be in "the book". ChuckD

1995 Safari Trek 2830, 17' Monark McFast Bassboat, 03 Jeep Wrangler toad

russndaph

FLORIDA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/05 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Help,
I have a double door norcold 1200 LRIM, Freezer freezes on all options but fridge only cool!! replaced the thermister and still the same!! controls show cooling level for a moment the go out!
Thank you any help would be great

thanks

Russell[emoticon]

oregonflyfisher

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/05 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine did the same. I took it in and the dealer said I didn't have it level, that the unit will shut off if it is out of level. Since I had tried the reset also, I'm not sure what the tech did to get it going again. I'm waiting to pick it up and when I do I'll ask how he reset the unit.

xnorp

Spokane Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/05 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.rvmobile.com has lots of info on friges. Good luck
xnorp

2000 F-250 SD PS 04 Snowriver 9'6" Rancho 9000X Super Springs Vision 19.5 w/Toyo M608Z

BillS

Mount Pleasant, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/05 03:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

russndaph wrote:

Help,
I have a double door norcold 1200 LRIM, Freezer freezes on all options but fridge only cool!! replaced the thermister and still the same!! controls show cooling level for a moment the go out!
Thank you any help would be great

thanks

Russell[emoticon]

Russell,

Check out this web site. They have excellent information for diagnosing problems with abosrption type fridges and a forum for asking questions about your fridge:
http://www.rvmobile.com/

Bill

'03 Lance 1121
'03 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

JohnJM

Wycombe PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/05 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same issue with mine this spring.

If oyu read in the mannual it will tell you it has to be reset by the dealer. What happens is you get the "no co" no cooling message. When you reset the unit it will be fine. But if when you reset it you get a second "no co" code it locks the unit and only the dealer can reset. If you get that second "no co" message before it goes through an entire cooling cycle thats when it locks oyu out. The cycle im told is typically a few hours long. They have to replace the board or some componet on theboard. I took mine to a dealer and they had it going in about 90 minutes. then they ran it for 24 hrs to make sure it didnt code out again.

I see your in PA, not sure where though. I am also in PA and Indian Valley camping was able to do the work for me on short notice without any hassles.

Good luck.

John M

TOMO

Bucks County PA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/05 08:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Put "norcold reset' in the search function on the bottom of this page and press go. This will take you to a post about resetting the fridge when it is locked up.Saves you a trip to a service center maybe.

2004 GMC 3500 ext-cab SRW 4X4 long bed SLT 6.0 ALCOA CLASSIC WHEELS Michelin AT/2 285/75R16E 10 ply 3750# 2005 Lance 920 RIDE-RITES RANCHO 9000X Hockey puck bumpstop extensions Honda 2000i Polar Cub AC

gregdennis53

Vancouver (USA)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/05 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am one of the people who posted the original Norcold reset instructions on the Tech Issues site a couple years ago. Search for it. Most NO CO codes are due to fact that running refer on DC will not adequately cool contents and the internal sensor shuts the refer down and displays "NO COLD" aka NO CO code. You do get a few NO CO codes from parking on a slope and trying to run the refer, but most of the time the problem is operating on DC. An internal sensor shuts the refer down if cooling rate is inadequate. You can reset from the front panel 1 time, but on the second NO CO code thge refer locks you out and you have to reset via circuit board from outside rig. The owner's manual does not discuss the external reset, but the procedure is simple and all you need is a screwdriver and a piece of wire. My friend is a Norcold tech and he tells me that Norcold screwed up on their circuit board design by failing to recognize that a refer running on DC will probably never get cold fast enough to avoid tripping the NO CO sensor. Since learning the trick of resetting I never run on DC, only AC or propane and have had very few problems. Happy Camping.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Norcold Refrigerator Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.