|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 372  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Orion_42

Lakes Region, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/22 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny stuff Dale and Bob. I wish someone got pictures of that death defying trapeze act! We’ll done.

I’m thinking of renting a scaffold at Home Depot to wet sand and heavy machine buff and polish that nose once and for all. I store it inside now, so should last once done.

----------------------
2001 Trail Lite B+ 211

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Laugh every day then do it again tomorrow . [emoticon]

My friend has a fork-lift attachment on his tractor that offers a stable platform to lift a person to the front of the cabover.

$75 sounds great ! That would work for me .

Climbing: We all get to a point in our lives where we say, "not a good idea anymore" . I think they call it 'mature thinking' [emoticon].
It's nice to do things yourself. It gives a person satisfaction to be able create as well as achieving self accomplishment.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure the scaffold can accommodate the front cab portion of the rv. Many scaffolds have a set of diagonal cross bars .

Have to tried to open the hood and carefully stand on the frame above the radiator ?

or.....Having a secure foundation to use a pair of ladders would be very easy.

If you could make two wooden plywood base-plates each about 4'x4' , lay them flat on the ground then drive the front wheels onto them, you would have a secure platform to mount a set of ladders. All weighed down by the rv.

Secure the ladders so they don't tip. Mount two legs of a 5' or 6' folding ladder to that plywood base by bolting two of the ladders legs to some short lengths of 2x4 that are bolted to the plywood near the outer edge of each front tire.
Just drill a hole through the 2x4 and ladder leg then pin it using something like a 1/4" safety pin. That would be quick n easy to assemble.

All you would then need is a 2x12 to run the width.
The ladders are still completely useful to use for whatever and the plywood bases can be stored flat not taking too much room.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW, the lakes region is my favorite place. Lake 'W' to north country 'The Burg" , headwaters of the Connecticut River.

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/22 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moving right along. . . MinnieMee is certainly shaping up. Her decals are removed, the spare tire is mounted back with a new tire cover and she got a good wash last week.

Today guys are coming to replace the awning fabric. The awning still works great, but the fabric is shot. It was delaminating and Terry and I kept it in place with white awning tape. It actually works, but it is stretched, etc., and I want to be able to use it by myself. Then when the weather warms up I hope to be able to get those new decals on. Whoo Hoo! She will soon be ready for camping season!

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/22 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you looked into how much a body shop would charge you to paint what you need ?
No fading and last longer. Get a few estimates. Might be worth it.

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/22 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up here in Indiana once again visiting family. My Trail-lite B+ now has all new decals. My BIL set up scaffolding for me to finish the front one and the back one.

Today I took her into a truck repair place in Elkhart that we had used with the Phaeton. In fact, they had removed the mud daubers nest from the gas tank vent last year. I've been having some rough riding on bad roads. . . I know everybody does. But it seemed to be getting worse.

I wasn't paranoid. The sway bars and bushings were all shot. Got them replaced and was ready to go 2 1/2 hours after I arrived. Boy does she ride smooth now!

Dale

Orion_42

Lakes Region, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/22 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keeping her current, nice Scottiemom. Yep, the infrastructure (roads) are def getting worse, but we won’t go there here.

I’ve been upgrading my 2001 B211 continuously over the past 10 years and this is the list of the most recent upgrades.

- Garnett Bluetooth tank monitor (accurate local and remote monitoring of fresh, gray, black, LP, and batteries) - no more dead tank gauges

- in dash and over-bunk USB charge ports.

- backup camera/mirror

- added a shower curtain extender to provide more room to shower.

- added external propane tap to run Blackstone grill off main LP tank.

- 8” in-dash Jensen touch screen navigation/radio.

- Dash-mounted TPMS

- replaced all bulbs with LED inside and most outside.

- New skylight over bathroom

- removed white overhead lights over sofa and dinette and replaced with full-length indirect LED light strips on each side.

- added a full length under-awning remote-dimmable LED light strip on side of coach

- replaced roof vent with MaxxAir Deluxe Fan (awesome! BTW, there is a 12V feed available at the overhead light near the vent and a tube-channel to run the wire to the fan already there).

- Converted dinette and sofa to two semi-permanent twin beds with a Lagun table bracket to support a swing-table between them.

- plus many external and internal cosmetic upgrades.

Was going to trade for a Leisure Travel Van, but with all the upgrades I now prefer the no-guilt, no-payments, old gal. She’s my retirement hobby to tweak.

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/22 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's impressive, Orion_42. Terry was the electrical genius and could have done all that stuff, but I can't change an outlet. He actually taught our daughter how and she does it all the time, but I never learned. I would really love to have the lights under the awning, now that I've had the fabric updated.

My dream coach is the Leisure Travel as well, or perhaps a Coach House, but until I find one at a reasonable price, I am hanging on to MinnieMee and keeping her in good running order. Right now people that have them for sale are still asking MORE than they paid new for 2-5 year old coaches. Won't be jumping on that bandwagon.

Dale

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/22 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going to look at a coach tomorrow. It has a macerator toilet, not an external pump but toilet. Totally unfamiliar with that. Anyone have any experience with those?

Dale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 372  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.