|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 371  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/21 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just went outside and checked, and sure enough, iamichabod, there is a label and it's readable! Thanks again! That will greatly help in getting the proper replacement! I looked all over that mirror, but never looked underneath it!

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/21 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's good to hear,it makes getting new ones a lot easier. When mine broke the label was missing,making it a real pain to replace it.

Good luck and safe travels.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/22 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered an exact replacement from Amazon. Got the entire arm and head for $187.00. I have an appointment later in the month to get it installed at an RV shop. Also going to get a new awning while I'm at it.

Thanks everyone!

Dale

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/22 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I ordered the mirror complete with arm from Amazon. And I ordered a hitch mount spare tire carrier. A friend helped me get the tire mounted on that. I really didn't like it because then I cannot use my trunk which slides into the hitch receiver. But it works.

Yesterday I traveled down south toward Port Charlotte to camp a short distance away from an RV repair guy. Today he swapped the mirror arms out and my new mirror looks great. He was familiar with the R-Visions and said they are among the best built little coaches. He checked the wall where the spare tire mount pulled out and determine that the wall itself was solid. There apparently was some water intrusion over 17 years and caused it to to infiltrate where the lag bolts were. To fix it, he removed the shower surround and put a metal plate behind it. He pre-drilled holes to match the spare tire mount and bolted through the wall with the aluminum plate on the inside and the spare tire mount on the outside. He moved it from where it was originally placed due to wanting to avoid any damaged wood and because the original was lower behind the tub which we couldn't remove. He put the surround back on and a very small section of the aluminum sticks out but is hidden by the shower curtain. I don't mind that, though, because I believe this is a better fix.

I thought I needed a new awning as this one is delaminating and we last repaired it with eternabond tape. Apparently it was a very good fix because Mike unrolled it and it actually all works and appears to be stable. We got the numbers off the tube and he said I didn't need to be in a big hurry to replace it. . . he thought it would be good for another year. And he schooled me in its operation, which I had long since forgotten. He said any RV dealer could assist with the awning and I have since found someone local who can replace the fabric, so I may do that.

So things are going well with MinnieMee. She's back in business, ready for her next adventure!

Dale

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/22 03:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice, that sounds solid. I’ll bet that makes you feel good. Its a good feeling to be ready to roll again. Good job Dale.

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/22 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks bobndot. I'm ready!

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/22 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orion_42 wrote:

[image]

Found them here.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281596233725

Really made a difference. A bit tricky to put on, but patience and maybe an extra set of hands works good.

So Orion_42, I ordered a rubber wheel that fits on the end of a drill and removed two of the oval Trail-Lite graphics on the sides. It worked like a charm. Today I hope to get to the one over the cab. A bit tricky, but I'm going to set up a walk board in front. I'm also rigging up a harness and will wear my bike helmet. Hopefully it will all go well, but I certainly don't want to fall. The graphic on the back is not very bad and looks great so I won't be removing it just yet. I ordered new graphics from the link you provided me on ebay and I got them just a few days later. They are perfect in every way. Hope I can do a good job putting them on.

I got my mirror replaced that was hit by a rogue road construction sign and got my spare tire remounted on the back. We moved it over and up a bit and put a metal plate on the inside under the shower liner and bolted through the back wall. After 17 years, that wall is still very solid, just a bit soft where the lag screws went in, so we bypassed those spots. I ordered a new cover for the tire. My awning is still functional, which surprised me a great deal, so I can use it, but I will be getting new fabric installed on it.

MinnieMee will look almost new! She has 45,000 miles now and still running great. I would still like to get an almost new Coach House with twin beds, but for now, I'm content!

Dale

Orion_42

Lakes Region, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/22 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you found the graphics. An extra set of hands will help getting them on for sure. The front overhead is a royal pain to keep up because it’s hard to reach for sure. I’ve reached down from the roof and over from an 8’ stepladder leaning on the side near the mirrors, but never feel like I can polish it as well as the sides.

I’ve got about the same miles on my 2001 and after selling my vacation house was tempted by the Coach House and Leisure Travel Vans RTB, but I’ve got this one customized for us, it’s paid for, and runs well, so holding on to it.

----------------------
2001 Trail Lite B+ 211

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/22 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here ya go Dale,

class c cabover access training

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Here ya go Dale,

class c cabover access training

Got a good laugh from that, bobndot! As it was, my neighbor had a 2x10x9 I could use but it was a little short. So I closed the ladders up and just leaned them against the motorhome. Not a good thing to do but I was out of ideas. I put the board across the nose resting on the ladders. Two different ladders, so the board slanted one direction. I had to add a tall step stool to access the board because I could not go up the closed ladders. I tied a rope on the ladder on the back and threw it over the roof and down the front. I tied that under my arms. I put on my life jacket, no, not around water, but I figured if I fell, that would protect my torso. And I put on my bike helmet. That last thing I planned (and forgot to do) was to drag my large aluminum sturdy patio table over and set in front of the rig to catch me and keep me from hitting the cement. I got up on the walk board on my knees and started to remove the decal. The first thing I did was drop the second battery. I couldn't stay on my knees, too painful, so I finally stood up. Got it almost done and the battery died (of course), so had to get down and get the second battery. That done, I finished it, but it still has some glue that doesn't come off well with the wheel. I used WD-40 on the others, but I have quit washing the rig myself. I have a business that does it for $75 and does a great job. My lawn guy told me to have them buff out those spots to get the discoloration out a bit, so that is who will finish that. Not sure how I will get that graphic on, but I will prolly hire it done at an RV or graphics place. So I finished without killing or injuring myself, but I was quite shaky when I finished. My legs were like rubber the rest of the day. I had to dump my tanks from my adventure a week ago, so I got that done. Then I just putzed around the rest of the day.

Dale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 371  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.