|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Thor 2004 Wanderer Wagon Recall

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
treborg

Bakersfield, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/05 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone else received a recent recall from Thor regarding your 2004 Wanderer Wagon?
The axle hangers are defective and can cause handling/stability problems at freeway speeds. I took my trailer to my dealer to have the recall taken care of and they discovered that I also have a bent frame. (a rather severely bent frame) The dealer told me that it is unsafe to pull and Thor was contacted. I have been given the run around and they finally sent a crew up to the dealer to take care of the recall and fix the frame problem. The crew showed up with only a welding torch, completely unprepared to fix this problem. It has been indirectly told to me by Thor that maybe I caused the bent frame as it was not caused by the axle hanger problem. I have never had it off road and taken very good care of it, after all it only cost $38,000 and I can't afford to abuse it. My dealer thinks the axle hanger situation caused the frame problem.
My concern is safety as I take my kids, grandkids and the family dog when we go. I'm very uncomfortable with the whole situation. What do I have to accept as a consumer? I really don't think I have to accept a trailer with a "repaired frame" especially after spending as much as I have for this unit.
There solution is to cut about 10 feet out of the frame and weld in a new piece!
Seems to me that would weaken it further. I'm not an engineer. I'm thinking about consulting an attorney. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You

corgihauler

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/05 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi. Welcome to RV.Net!

Up in the search box, type bent frame. There are 30+ items displayed under that topic. Hopefully there is some information to help you.

Jan

corgihauler
truck & tt

indiana* iowa* ohio* tennessee* georgia* florida

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Thor 2004 Wanderer Wagon Recall
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.