|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3086  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got a taste of spring yesterday. It warmed up to 73 degrees before the storms came through. Today it is back to normal. 45 degrees right now with temperatures on the way down. Will settle in the mid 30's over night. Next few days the high will be in the 30's. We do have a chance of snow in forecast but don't think it will amount to much.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/19 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone/ It's raining and it's 62 degrees here in the Deep South. Yesterday Sue and I went to see Dr. Dach ready for just about anything. It seem I have a bad case of diverticulitis. Dr. Dach said there is no sign of cancer just that I have many pockets in my colon. He suggested that I have a colonoscopy done so he can see exactly how bad it is. He showed us the CT scan and explained in detail what he saw. I feel better now that I understand what is going on. He commented on the size of my prostate but offered no solution. Anyway, since they are satisfied that cancer is not a player Sue and I do feel somewhat better. Now to get a cure for the pain that the diverticulitis is causing.

The fur gang is doing okay this morning. Dixie is in trouble for tearing the screen on the sliding glass door. We don't seem to be able to stop her from jumping against the door when we go to let her in. We usually try to keep the screen open so she won't come in contact with it, but sometimes we forget.

Suzie is slowing down and sleeping a lot more. She is happy and eats well and can still run like the wind with the notion hits her. Every once in a while she will bark at Lizzie just to keep her on her toes. She does it just for the fun of seeing Lizzie jump and run. It's funny that there are times Suzie will come up behind Lizzie and Lizzie won't know Suzie is there. Suzie senses she has gained an element of surprise and she will bark and jump toward Lizzie. Lizzie will go straight up in the air and come down running, it is funny to watch.

Dixie and Lizzie have become buddies and play together. Dixie is careful not to hurt Lizzie but once in a while the cat will pull out the claws and let Dixie know she can hurt her if she wants to.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/19 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

We got a taste of spring yesterday. It warmed up to 73 degrees before the storms came through. Today it is back to normal. 45 degrees right now with temperatures on the way down. Will settle in the mid 30's over night. Next few days the high will be in the 30's. We do have a chance of snow in forecast but don't think it will amount to much.

Just hang in there Dan. Spring will finally come and then the hot days of summer. When it hits 90 degrees you will think back on some of the cold days of winter.

* This post was edited 03/15/19 12:50pm by Dixie Flyer *

TugCE

Leesburg, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Good Morning FOOFs

Speaking of barking dogs, Monty likes to bark at our skylight in the kitchen. I had the roof replaced several years ago. When one of the workers replaced the skylight, Monty happened to be in the kitchen at the time. He looked up and saw the worker removing the old skylight and went crazy barking. Now, every time we get any rain, he starts barking and runs to the kitchen. The rain on the skylight makes noise and it makes him mad. I guess he thinks he is guarding us from the bad man on the roof.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Burch

Burch,

Our Pap Sandi does not like change. When Christmas comes around and we have to rearrange the living room, she will bark at whatever is now in a new spot. She will do this every time she walks by it until time comes to put it back where it belongs. Now, if we get a package and put it on the dining room table, the DW and I wait for Sandi to notice it and start barking at it. Sometimes, you just need to laugh. [emoticon]

I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/19 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Richard, that is certainly a better diagnosis than the one you may have been dreading.[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/19 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Well Richard, that is certainly a better diagnosis than the one you may have been dreading.[emoticon]

When I look around and see what other folks are going through I am grateful for the health I have. A friend of ours just had his colon removed and going through cancer treatment right now. I have lost so many friends this year it makes me thank the good Lord I am still here. Now lets get on with life and a few more camping trips.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/19 04:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Ditto.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/19 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, Richard, I am glad you have a diagnosis and it's something you can live with. My Dad had diverticulitis. Diet is the big thing especially after everything gets healed. Don't let it lull you into. . . "Now I feel great I can eat anything I want." Once Daddy understood the importance diet played in his colon, he did very well. After his last bout with it, once he healed, he didn't even have to take medication. . . he just kept on the straight and narrow with his diet and he was good to go.

Good luck and I'll continue to pray for your healing.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/19 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful morning here in the Deep South. It's a bit on the cool side at 46 degrees but we will have clear skies and a high of 60 today.

The fur gang is well looking forward to another day. On Facebook there was a cute post of a young boxer pup sitting in a nice leather chair with the caption. "You have been gone all day and now it's your chair?" Reminds me of Suzie and Dixie sometimes. "You have been running around all day and now this is your bed?"

Sue and I watched the movie "I Can Only Imagine" last night. It's the story of the singing group Mercy Me, how they got started, great inspirational movie.

I hope everyone is well this morning and looking forward to a blessed day. Please give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Morning FOOFs

Richard, I am glad your diagnosis was good at the doctor. I have to go to the doctor in 2 weeks and he is not going to be happy with me. I have gained weight and I will get scolded.

One of my high school friends is an electrician and he is coming by this morning to install a 50 amp RV plug at the house. This way I can plug in the motor home when I have it parked in the driveway. We sometimes bring it home from our storage garage to give it a good cleaning. During the summer, I have to run the generator so we can use the AC units. The 15 amp plug I have outside won't run even one of the AC units.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3086  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS