|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it wasn't so far I would have loved to come meet and greet you all. Saint George, Utah is a long drive.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We lost Gary Shapiro, Charles and Charlotte, Dan and Lori. I too hope we don't lose anymore. Dan and Patty may have to take Pickles back home to get the care she needs. Maybe they will still be able to join us at Sevierville, we'll see how things go.

This will be our first outing in four months so I hope and pray we make it.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dernhelm

Las Vegas NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll see you there! Looking forward to it. Sgt. Joe, it's not that far! You just point east, put your foot down, and stop when you get tired. Sooner than you expect, you're there.

Dogmom, Railfan, Dancer
Co-Pilots: Amroth & Nimrodel
DOTLs: Spcs. Bortan, Dernhelm & Erkenbrand, Rainbow Div. 11/11, 2/09, 1/14
Jayco 17Z, Silverado Hybrid, GMC Canyon

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 04:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wished we could have been there as well. But no matter how few, the group makes everyone feel welcome and since we've all been on this forum f o r e v e r . . . it's like connecting with old friends! We found that out when we joined in for the first time last year at Berlin, Ohio.

Have a great time!

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Sue heard from Patty and Dan this morning and Pickles is not any better so they are going back home. Hope they are able to get Pickles better and perhaps they can still make it to Sevierville next week.

I am still fighting the nerve problem in my right leg> I keep hoping that it will get better. Sue is doing well. Dixie and Suzie are well and out for their walk this morning. Lizzie is full of herself, into any and everything she can find to get into.

Yesterday was a quiet day. We had church activities, but that was it. I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Dan and Patty, safe travels back home and I hope Pickles gets better. Hoping you still might be able to get to Sevierville if Pickles gets better.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sorry to hear about Pickles. I hope she heals soon and you are able to make it to Sevierville.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We arrived back home about 1 today and took Pickles back to the Vet. They did blood work and took some x- ray’s. Blood work was good the x-rays did not show anything.
They changed her medication to a steroid, they think it might be some type of nerve pain. She did scream when they took a side view of her hind leg. If there is no improvement by Thursday we have to take her back in for an MRI.

On our way back home I received a message from my good friend his mother n law is not doing good and was put on hospice they did not expect her to make it through the night.

We have decided not to make the trip to Sevierville. We were really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickles is still having a rough go this morning. She is moving some on her own but she moves like she is in pain. Her back is hunched as she favors her right hind leg. My niece who took the x-ray said she screamed when she positioned the leg for the X-ray.

Pickles still will not move around outside to do her business. She is starting to hate me because I have to force her medication down her as she turns her nose up at food most of the time.
Usually she moves around in bed at night. But last night I put her blanket on her around midnight and this morning when I got up around 6:30 she was still in the same spot with the blanket.
As each day passes I start to get a little more concerned about her as there is no signs of improvement. I can only hope and pray that by Thursday we see some. Other wise she goes back to get the MRI. The Lord only knows what they might find.

Dr. Doug if it is a disc problem in her back or something like that effecting her right side what can we expect that needs to be done to correct it?

* This post was edited 10/08/19 09:27am by Toolguy5 *

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Dan and Patty we will miss you and hope Pickles will be okay. Wow, our numbers will be down this year but we will try and make the best of it.

Sue just left to go to the school and teach the 7th and 8th graders a bible lesson. I am about to get ready to face the day. So I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan,

Disc problems are among the most painful situations we see. For "minor" issues that don't involve neurological defecits - just pain - the treatment is anti-inflammatories, rest, pain medication and time. Recovery is probable but further episodes are common.

For issues that involve neurological defecits, various therapies are appropriate. The exact treatment varies according to severity of symptoms and really needs to be discussed with the veterinarian actually able to evaluate the patient. But, if paralysis is present surgical intervention is often recommended.

Acupuncture, laser treatments and medical treatments can all be beneficial to address the pain.

It's really hard to watch them hurt and anyone who has thrown their back out knows the kind of pain Pickles is having.

I'm sending you a PM.

Doug

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS