|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry to hear about pickles and that you won't be able to make it to Sevieville. After all these years I am finally able to make one of the gatherings and it looks like most people won't be able to make it. Unless God decides to call me home, I will be there! Donna and I are having very stressful times at work right now and we both need a vacation in a bad way. I told her last night that I might not leave the campground as I am just looking for peace and quiet and no technology! We both work in information technology. When we leave Sevierville, we are heading to Whittier,NC which is near Cherokee. When I spoke to the person who took the reservation, he apologized and said there was no cell service in the park. I told him if that was the case, I might never leave! It will be nice to stay somewhere that work can't find me. I can't tell you how many times we have had to go back to the RV or the hotel room because work called us and I needed to get online to fix something.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Dan I hope Pickles is better this morning. I am slow getting started this morning. Boy this has been a year I won't forget. My get up and go has got and went somewhere and I can't find it. If you see it wondering around send it home will you?

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue continues to overrun with abandoned puppies and adult dogs. This year it has been none stop with people dropping puppies off at the dumpsters and anywhere else they can find. It's a shame people do this without any heart or feelings about the pain and suffering they cause by doing this.

Yesterday I read an article about a Beagle that someone skinned alive and dropped it off at a park. The Tennessee Sheriff's is offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. The dog was carried to a vet where it was put down. Anyone that could do such a thing is a very sick person.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Pickles I am praying for you and your family. God Bless

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Yesterday I read an article about a Beagle that someone skinned alive and dropped it off at a park. The Tennessee Sheriff's is offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. The dog was carried to a vet where it was put down. Anyone that could do such a thing is a very sick person.

I read about this the other day. How in the world could a person get enjoyment out of doing something like that? I grew up with Beagles and it made me sick reading that article. My uncle gave me a beagle when I was 5 years old and she was my best friend. A day after my 17th birthday, she passed from thyroid cancer. I remember I had a chemistry test that morning and I was sobbing and couldn't go to school. My dad was a school teacher and he said I could stay home that day. I usually had to be really sick, almost on deaths door, before my dad would let me stay home on a school day but he understood as he loved the dog too.

I hope Pickles is doing better today. My neighbor who spends his summers in Franklin, NC has a Schnauzer named Lucy. She is a sweetheart and we have dog sat for her several times. She got sick last week and wouldn't eat or do her business. They took her to the local vet and he said her white blood cells were down. They took her to Greenville, SC on Thursday to have a bunch of tests done. She really didn't improve much until Monday. They were able to feed her by hand a little and she finally did her business. They got the results of the tests back from Greenville last night and it does not appear to be cancer but like an auto-immune issue. They might have to put her on a few weeks of steroids. We will be visiting them once we leave Sevierville and head to Whittier, NC. Where they live in Franklin is only about a 20 minute drive from the park we are staying.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My mistake. The dog that was skinned alive was in Missouri not Tennessee. The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who did this has now reached $8,000.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickles is not any better today. Last night she urinated all over the bed. it looks like she never moved as the wet spot was right under neath her. Needless to say we were up really early this morning.

I heard from the Vet this morning that the radiologist did not see anything that stood out in the X-ray's. Tomorrow we take her in at 11 for a MRI to see if that can tell us anything.
She refuses to walk and because she will not walk she will not do any business outside.
The little bit we can get her to walk her right leg is up or she is limping really bad and her tail is between her legs. You can tell she is in pain.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We feel so bad for Pickles and you guys.[emoticon]
Hopefully tomorrow's MRI will yield some answers.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan I almost hate to bring this up, but sometimes the obvious is what we overlook. Have you examined her paws thoroughly for ticks or something else caught between the pads of her feet?

I'm so sorry Pickles is having so much trouble. Wish they could communicate with us.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wishing Pickles a good night and a blessed day tomorrow.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Wishing Pickles a good night and a blessed day tomorrow.

Ditto. Thinking about Pickles.

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

Dan I almost hate to bring this up, but sometimes the obvious is what we overlook. Have you examined her paws thoroughly for ticks or something else caught between the pads of her feet?

I'm so sorry Pickles is having so much trouble. Wish they could communicate with us.

Dale

Dale, I was thinking the same thing.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS