|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3104  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Wow, at least it was not a spinal or disc problem!

Yes very relieved that it was not anything with the spine. I was worried that she had spine tumors.
They did take some spinal fluid and sent for testing, we should hear about that today.

Hopefully we can find out from our regular Vet when and if they are able to do the surgery. Other wise we have to take her to the speciality clinic where she had the MRI and as of yesterday the earliest we could get in was October 22nd or the 24th. We felt that was to long to wait but may have to do that.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and well wishes.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

...as of yesterday the earliest we could get in was October 22nd or the 24th. We felt that was to long to wait but may have to do that.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and well wishes.

We hope that the pain medication will help Pickles until that time. How is she doing right now?

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She is heavily medicated.
She just received her morning medications. Which include sucralfate, Prilosec. Then her prednisone, liquid Gabapentin and tramadol.
She still refuses to do her business like she should. I guess we have to continue to wait until she is ready.
She is in her bed sleeping which is good so she does not do anymore damage.
Hoping to hear from Vet soon.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. DR. Myers' office called yesterday and rescheduled my eye surgery for the 28th of this month. I hope this early date works out well for everyone.

This morning I hurt so bad. Makes me wonder why I got out of bed at all. Sue fixed me some chees grits with sausage in it, sure was good. Dixie and Suzie knew I had something different and hung around the breakfast table like buzzards waiting on something to die.

Dan I hope Pickles is okay after the vets get through with their treatment. How is she doing this morning?

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickles is doing about the same. Heavily Medicated. She finally urinated about 1/2 hour ago it seams she is only going 1 or 2 times a day.

They have diagnosed her with Suspect superficial digital flexor luxation, right. Right stifle effusion, mild - possible cranial cruciate disease. Coxofemoral degenerative joint disease, mild.

Recommend Orthopedic Surgery.

* This post was edited 10/11/19 03:28pm by Toolguy5 *

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope all goes well with the surgery and you get the expected results. I'll be praying for Pickles and for you and Patty.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/19 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickles is doing better. She is eating again and drinking a little. She still is not doing her business as much as she should. But did urinate yesterday once, that is becoming the norm. She does not appear to be in so much pain so I have reduced her pain meds hoping that she will start doing her business more often.
The Vet clinic we just started going to will not do surgery for they do not feel comfortable doing the surgery that is required. I have reached out to the Vet clinic that we have gone to for 30 some years. The Doctor I spoke to is an older Doctor and he has never performed that type of surgery. He is going to discuss with the other Doctor when he returns to the office next week.
We do have an appointment at the clinic that did the MRI and diagnosed the problem. Our consultation before surgery is not until the 24th of this month. With a surgery date to follow.
At first we were upset because of the length of time. But we are at ease now as she is improving slowly and we can evaluate her and ask the question is surgery necessary.

Her actual diagnosis
Suspect superficial digital flexor luxation, right.
Right stifle effusion, mild - possible cranial cruciate disease.
Coco femoral degenerative joint disease, mild.

It is the right superficial digital flexor luxation they say needs repaired.

[image]

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/19 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Dan such decisions are hard to make. When Suzie was a puppy her knee joint on her right rear leg would jump out of socket and I would have to take her to the vet to get it put back in place. One doctor told me she needed surgery right away. Dr. Alexander told me to wait and see if she would grow out if it because the consequences later down the road may not be the best thing for her. So I waited and sure enough she grew out of it.

I realize Pickles is not going to grow out of anything and she needs help right now to give her relief. But sometimes I wonder about surgery on older dogs especially the kind you are talking about for Pickles. The recovery time is very long and I am sure you and Patty are prepared to take care of her needs. I wish you the best and hope Pickles has a good recovery.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed. Be sure to give the fur kids a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/19 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It's raining this morning and cool. The fur gang is ready to romp and play while Sue and I are still waking up. I am still hurting in my shoulder and leg muscles so I have stopped all prescription drugs until I can figure out if that is he cause or not. Meanwhile we are getting ready to leave in the morning for Sevierville. Sue lost her monitor again so we don't know what her blood sugar is doing so it's back to the old way of doing things. I have the glucagon to take with us for just in case. The only thing is that stuff makes her so sick if I have to use it.

Yesterday we had a baby shower for Maddie and Joshua. They are expecting the baby to be here sometime in the middle part of December. Sue and I will be great grandparents. I have fully recovered from the surgery and other things I had going on this past summer. Right now I need to find out what is causing the pain in my leg muscles and shoulder.

Talked to Dandy Dan last night. Lori and he are doing okay. They will ne missed at the get together in Sevierville as will Dan and Parry, Charles and Charlotte and Gary. It's going to be different not seeing Dan and Lori parked next to us.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give he fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/19 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pickles is doing a little better every day. She still will not move around. Her day is spending time in her bed when I give her pain medicine she sleeps.
She usually sleeps on the bed with us but the last few nights she has been in her bed alongside of me.
She does stay in her bed all night. She is eating and drinking but we have to take it to her for she will not walk as she is not supposed to either. I think she is starting to enjoy the waiting on her. This morning when I finished giving her the meds. I put her back in her bed and sat down next to her. She look at me and started licking her lips and sticking her tongue out. She wanted a drink of water so I had to go get her water bowl and bring it to her.
She is acting like the pain is lessening so I only been giving her pain meds in the morning and before bed time.
I think she knows she has us wrapped around her little paw and we will do what we have to for her.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3104  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS