|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3104  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Winter is certainly not in Florida right now. It was 89 yesterday and is supposed to be in the high 80s again today. . . . . I am looking forward to some cooler weather.

How about we take 20 of your degrees, then we could both be happy![emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/19 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weather man is calling for a Wintery mix starting tonight early morning last through out the weekend. Monday the temps should get back to normal for this time of year.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You all are getting that huge cold front that has passed through Utah the past few days. Saint George has seen mid twenties the past 3 nights. This is really not normal. Poor folks up North in the Salt Lake City area have had single digits at night. We'll be getting back to normal 50 and 60's after today and 40's at night. If I could find new Michelins for my MH we would be heading further South. Laughlin, NV is looking good right now.

Richard, don't feed the bear. lol

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

MetalGator wrote:

Winter is certainly not in Florida right now. It was 89 yesterday and is supposed to be in the high 80s again today. . . . . I am looking forward to some cooler weather.

How about we take 20 of your degrees, then we could both be happy![emoticon]

Heck, I'd take 10 degrees! Tired of 90 degree days. I got used to the cooler weather in Seviervile and NC and now I am spoiled.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

today my computer got updated from windows 7 to something and now my tool bar is changed and I don't recognize anything. Outlook is gone and its hard for me to get to my email and sort junk from the mail I want. what the heck????? Apps. These people have me held at ransomed. If I want to continue with my old programs they want me to buy apps. Programs that I have already paid for when I bought my computer nine years ago. What the heck?????????????????

* This post was edited 11/02/19 06:26am by Dixie Flyer *

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Windows 10, I presume. It took me awhile to get it all sorted out last year with my new laptop.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Windows 10, I presume. It took me awhile to get it all sorted out last year with my new laptop.

I have an old computer that Microsoft said needed updating because they were not going to support windows seven any longer. So like a fool I clicked to update. Lesson learned never do that again.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I got up late this morning and it was 39* outside. Dixie and Suzie made fast work of duties outside and wanted back in quickly. I went back to bed and snuggled under the nice warm blankets and listened to Dixie and Suzie complain about being left outside until I felt guilty and let them in. Sue just left for early morning prayer time at church. I just finished eating pancakes and eggs with coffee and OJ. When My computer got updated I had a mess with msn.com. The tool bar changed and I lost my email account. I finally figured it out and back up to speed.

What a surprise the other night. Our neighbor down the street Terry Unger also had visitors from the mountains. He has a huge garden with some turnips still in the ground and a few tomatoes still on the vine. With the cold coming in the tomatoes won't last long. The turnip greens need frost to make the ready. However Sue got some yesterday and they were so good. Last night Sue fixed the best meal. Turkey and dressing with cranberry sauce, gravy and mashed potatoes. The biscuits were very good. Kept expecting company to come through the door with such a meal.

We got lots of rain in the past few days. Kind of made up for what we had been missing. Now that it's turn cold I can start burning the firewood. Yesterday when I was bringing firewood up to the house the wheelbarrow handle broke so I am in need of another wheelbarrow. Sue said I loaded it too heavy. I figured if I could pick it up and wheel it up to the hose on my own steam the wheelbarrow could handle the load. I guess not. This morning on TV channel 7 is advertising drag racing this weekend on the old drag strip in Easley, SC. The cars will ne limited to the ones made in the 50's. They are going to take cars out of the museum to run on Saturday. that will be interesting. Wish I had my 56 Ford to compete with those guys. . IT had a 430 Cubic inch engine bored and stroked with a full cam 411 rear end with two holly four barrel carbs on it. It would turn the quarter mile in 12 seconds. those were the good old days. Scott is coming so I will have to pass on going, besides I had rather spend time with him and his girlfriend than to attend a drag race 0f yesterday's cars.

OKAY I NEED TO GET MOVING SO I WILL CLOSE FOR NOW WISHING EVERYONE A BLESSED DAY.be SURE TO GIVE THE FUR BABIES A HUG FOR ME AND BE SURE TO TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM. Tomorrow we will be making our way to Sierra Nevada in the 72 Lincoln for a nice lunch and time with son and his girlfriend. My eyesight is improving. so much better now that a few days have passed and things are settling down with the eye.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/19 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is cold here and the wind cuts right through you.
But that is Ohio. At least we did not get any snow yet.

Pickles is making a good recovery. She is almost back to her normal self. She is actually starting to want to play again but we have to be careful as she is not completely healed. Sure glad we avoided surgery. It has been 4 weeks since she hurt herself. DR. Says she has another 5 weeks to go on bed rest so we have to try and keep her calm. She has been going for short walks to do her business I try to be careful if I think she has gone to far I pick her up and carry her.
Glad she is only 15lbs.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good evening everyone. It'd cold outside. The little kitties have bed on the front porch inside a cardboard box that they seem to like. Right now there are three in the box on the bed keeping each other warm. Plenty of food and water for them, hope they will be safe out there. Lately we have had many strange animals coming through the yard, Bears coyotes, even a skunk or two. Been told to expect to see some Elk come through with all the storms and snow in the mountains. Last night it was reported six inches of snow hit the higher elevations in the mountains. Also a concern the Red wolf was reintroduced to this area and we may see some of them coming through. They are protected and tagged. If seen we are to report it to the DNR and a big do not disturb notice has been sent out by the DNR. They listed all the good the wolf does for the environment and the positive impact they have on nature. Some of the ranch folks around here disagree and list some of the damage they have seen from wolf packs running through our area. Sheep calves horses and folds being attacked. that could also been attacked from packs of dogs running through the area. I don't take sides in these matters because I don't know what is fact and what is fiction. I only judge from what I actually see and experience. Haven't seen a wolf in our area nor have I heard any complaints personally from the farmers and ranchers. however there are lots of rumors floating around about packs of coyotes killing cats and dogs and sheep. I know for a fact we have coyotes as I have seen them in our yard. Saw one Saturday night stalking one of the kitties, I just happen to be outside with the flashlight when I spotted him and the kitty. Once the coyote knew he was in my beam of light he started toward the woods. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot one of those creatures as they will gang up on our dogs and kill them in a heartbeat. Well it's gonna be cold tonight so I have a fire in the fireplace to help keep the house warm. I love a fireplace. Izzie used to sleep in front of it at night and stay there as long as the coals were hot and giving off heat. I miss him a lot.

Okay I am going to be so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed night. have a good night's rest, stay warm and I will talk with you in the morning if the good LORD ALLOWS IT.

* This post was last edited 11/02/19 07:27am by Dixie Flyer *   View edit history

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3104  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS