|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3104  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it's a beautiful morning here at camp Dixie. Plenty of sunshine and not so bad temperature wise. It looks as if one of the kitties is about to give birth. Since they stay at our house more than anywhere else I guess it will become our responsibility to take care of the mom and her new litter. Oh well we will make do somehow, we always do. When we leave in two weeks the neighbor will have to step up and take care of them, after all it was he and his wife that brought the cats into the neighborhood. However with his attitude about care I don't know how well that is going to work out. We'll see what happens and just take the lumps as they come.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a ug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I notice some folks have Christmas trees up already, so Merry Christmas to you and a blessed Thanksgiving. There I've said it now to sit back and watch the response. I know its early to be saying anything about Christmas, but you folks know I love Christmas, favorite time of the year for me. Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells Jingle all the way. OH what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the news tonight it said decorating a Christmas tree and looking at decorations can improve your health.
I guess if decorating and looking at decorations makes you happy. Then I can understand why they say it can improve your health.
So break out the decorations.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

vickiebec

Rosevukke

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

it's a beautiful morning here at camp Dixie. Plenty of sunshine and not so bad temperature wise. It looks as if one of the kitties is about to give birth. Since they stay at our house more than anywhere else I guess it will become our responsibility to take care of the mom and her new litter. Oh well we will make do somehow, we always do. When we leave in two weeks the neighbor will have to step up and take care of them, after all it was he and his wife that brought the cats into the neighborhood. However with his attitude about care I don't know how well that is going to work out. We'll see what happens and just take the lumps as they come.

Maybe you should find a shelter and see if they aren't full. They will get loving care and be put up for adoption will old enough and be spayed and neutered. Since he doesn't care about them it would be the best thing for them with winter coming. I have an 18 years old cat I took from my neighbor that he was abusive to her and she is thriving and very loving. Of course I now have five rescues. [emoticon]

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a ug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Vickie Wallis
Roseville, CA
2010 Mini Cooper Convertable

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi FOOFs

Poor Muphy has really been coughing a lot since we have been home from Sevierville. She had been coughing on and off this last couple of months but she has gotten really bad. Donna took her to the vet yesterday and she had X-rays done. Apparently, Murphy's trachea is closing up. It's a degenerative condition. She has some steroids and some other medications to take and I have to take her back to the vet on either Friday or Monday. My vet is on vacation right now and there was a visiting vet that was filling in. Donna really liked her but I will be interested to hear what my regular vet says. Murphy seems to be doing well other wise. She just coughs a lot.

My work has been really busy since I got back from Sevierville. I had to work most of the weekend on server upgrades and I'm really tired.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prayers for Murphy.

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear about Murphy’s troubles. Hope the medicine works and she starts to feel better.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last night I contacted Computer 360 and they repaired my computer. It's up and running great. They got rid of the other companies malware and restored my computer to it's original configuration and updated windows seven for me. I don't have to deal with windows ten yet so I am happy about that. When things are working why mess with it, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Anyway I am up and running so that makes me happy. Good morning everyone. It's a cool morning here in the Deep South, but not cold. Today promises to be a nice day. I have a few things to do before we start loading the camper for our trip to Ohio. I won't pull the camper up to the house until three of four days before we leave. Looking forward to our trip. Hope the weather isn't too cold. Dan and Lori may have in house guest if it is.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. BTY the eye is getting better.

* This post was edited 11/06/19 05:43am by Dixie Flyer *

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

....updated windows seven for me. I don't have to deal with windows ten yet so I am happy about that. When things are working why mess with it, If it ain't broke don't fix it....

Richard, I couldn't agree with you more. I was very happy with my Windows 7 laptop, and I only replaced it with a new Windows 10 laptop because it was over six years old and had some issues not related to Windows 7 itself.

As a matter of Fact, I was also very happy with my even older, XP-Pro laptop which has a 40GB hard drive, if you can believe that! You can buy thumbdrives that have more space than that, LOL!

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in a little cold spell. The 8 day forecast will not be friendly. We will see temps in the mid to upper 20’s at night and in the mid to upper 30’s during the day. They have Snow or wintery mix in the forecast through the middle of next week.

Richard the long range forecast will be back in the mid to upper 40’s when you arrive in Ohio.
If you can bring another 10 degrees with you that would be awesome.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3104  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS