|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3103  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

... Terry's doctors are all in Indianapolis and he can't tolerate cold weather, so he had to be careful to only get sick in the summer...

We're happy for you!! I wish we were south with you as it was 8 this morning with -1 wind chill. We've had 2 snow events BEFORE Thanksgiving, very unusual for us.

We had a rain/snow mix yesterday that turned to all snow with falling temps. This is the worst stuff as it turns to ice on everything. The roads are clear now (we have great snow removal/road crews) but all sidewalks are ice.

The only good thing: the dogs don't ask to go out often and they take care of business very quickly.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/19 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This morning we are getting a surprise. The cold fronr moved I with some unexpected very cold temperatures. We have snow in some areas and by this evening we will be in the 20's with snow and ice in the forecast. Just bring in another log for the fire place I guess and get started to keeping the house warm. Its already cold outside with rain, so whatever I had planned for outside activities will have to wait. We are leaving Sunday morning heading to see Dan and Lori in Ohio. Will get there Monday. My eye site is getting worse. Iy's hard to read the computer screen. I am still better off than I was as I can see better off in the distance, It just reading that is giving me a hard time. There seems to be a haze that I am looking through when I go outside. much like it was before the cataract surgery. I am wondering if there is still some left in the eye and just what?

Anyway I am able to drive and get around on my own without too much trouble. I go see the eye doctor tomorrow for a check up so he will be able to determine what is going on.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Please excuse me as I am having a very difficult time reading the computer screen so I am going leave for now

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/19 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale glad things worked out for you guys. Sounds like a great place.

We got snow last night and today. Did not get what they called for. Only about 3 or 4 inches. A little southwest of us they got pounded with 11 inches. It is cold and windy but not as cold as Doug’s place. But warm up is coming back to normal next week.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It got down into the signal digits last night. It is 12* right now with a windchill of 2*. We will recover slowly with a high near 30* but it will not fall much after that. It will start to warm back up and next week back to normal.

Happy Birthday Garland hope you have a wonderful day.

Everyday Pickles is getting back to her normal self. Yesterday was the first day I did not give her any pain medications. I was a little worried with how cold it was but she ran out of the liquid Gabapentin. She still has a few capsule of that left as well as Tramydal. But she was good this morning so I will see how she does after her walk.
According to the surgeon she is supposed to be calm until December 1st will be 6 weeks from her visit. Then another 4 weeks of slowly activity. But she is way ahead of schedule. I have not seen her favor that leg in a few days.
But it has been 6 weeks since she hurt herself so I guess she is not that far a head.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can hardly see anything. The cornea in my eye has swollen distorting my vision Unless a miracle happens between now and Sunday morning our trip to visit Dan and Lori is off. Dr. Myers says it's not uncommon for this to happen but he has never seen this happen with any of his patients.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

I can hardly see anything. The cornea in my eye has swollen distorting my vision Unless a miracle happens between now and Sunday morning our trip to visit Dan and Lori is off. Dr. Myers says it's not uncommon for this to happen but he has never seen this happen with any of his patients.

Wow. So sorry to hear this Richard. I sure hope your eye gets better soon.

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard - So sorry to hear of you vision troubles - hope it clears up soon.

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT's & Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/19 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of my dogs had corneal edema that was treated successfully with a hypertonic saline ointment (high salt concentration that pulled water out of the cornea) and a cortisone in the eye. I hope this can be easily and quickly resolved.

Doug

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So very sorry for this development, Richard. Praying things will get better. Is this supposed to be a temporary condition? I'm hoping it is and will clear up.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/19 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am really having a hard time this morning, Can't see a darn thing. UP close I have some vision, but two to three feet away is just lost Need less to say Our trip to Ohio is not going to happen. Van't see to type anymore.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3103  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS