|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3117  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 06:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too much turkey dinner!!

[image]

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Thanksgiving was a blast. Great food. company over to share the season with, got the Christmas tree up. all is well at Camp Dixie.

Now comes Christmas. My favorite time of the year. I hope this year finds you well and happy. Time marches on and with it comes changes, some of which we don't like. some of it can't be helped and some og it pure joy. At 78 years old I am glad to be a part of the family still breathing and enjoying life. It has been a year of looking back at the past and looking forward to the future as we expect a great grand baby in December and our granddaughter Holly will be getting married in April. I will be doing the ceremony so this marks another event that I have been able to participate in with the grandchildren. I have will have done the wedding ceremonies for all three of the children, now that's a milestone mark don't you think?

Listening to the weatherman he is calling for snow next week in the upper north of the area. Asheville and the upper levels of the mountains. none for us in the upstate. Sue has gone to the church to help decorate for Christmas. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me andbe sure to tell someone you love them/

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dr. Doug, are you guys south already? I forget if you stay till after the holidays and then head south or if you are already there. I though the pix of the dogs looked like the motorhome.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't head south until after Christmas, but the picture is indeed from the RV. We're camping in the woods on a property our son has in extreme northwest Illinois. We've got a group of family and friends that pool resources and are having a great holiday.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds great Dr. Doug. Enjoy your family time!
Dale

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Thanksgiving is over and now we look forward to Christmas. So far all is well and we really enjoyed Thanksgiving with family. The weather isn't bad, but we are expecting a cold front to come in this weekend and change things up a bit. Snow is in the forecast for the upper region, but none for us, just a cold wave with some sprinkles or showers. I will haul in more firewood for the fire place and just settle down inside and enjoy the warmth of the fireplace. Sue says we will finish decorating the Christmas tree today. so the kitty will have a good time hiding inside the tree play with the ornaments as we hang them. Izzie would come to life as we placed the ornaments on the Christmas tree. Miss that cat. For seventeen years he was ever present in our lives. Allison called to day her cat is sick and would like for Sue to come over and take a look to see if she could give sme advice on whether or not to take her to the vet. I am sure all the vets are closed for the holidays so the Pet er will be the only place to go. the cost of that visit will be huge.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Merry Christmas everyone.

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/19 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope the Cat is okay. Thank you for saying Merry Christmas. I was surprised by a Salvation Army Bell Ringer yesterday. He said Merry Christmas and of course he won me over with my donation. We'll be hitting the road Monday in the motorhome to join in a surprise Birthday party for Angie's youngest sister in Sierra Vista, AZ home of the only US Army Calvery still active. For all of you on the road or getting ready to go drive safe and enjoy yourselves.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/19 05:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Well the weather man says we will get snow starting tonight an lots of it. Right now we are at 53 degrees but expect the temperature will start dropping during the day and we will see winter weather sometime late this afternoon and all of next week we will be cold here in the Deep South. I guess I will be hauling more firewood up to the house today. I love the fireplace, The nice warm glow from the burning embers late in the evening make it so nice.

Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Merry Christmas and enjoy your family MY sight is blurry this morning so I am having a hard time typing, so excuse any mistakes you see in the post. Driving is defiantly a non,no. Had a deacon's meeting this morning at church I had to skip. OH well maybe it will get better eventually/

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/19 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been kinda lax in posting here lately, but oh well . . . [emoticon]

Our thanksgiving was very enjoyable and relaxing, much more so than when we used to host a rather large family gathering. A few years ago we "passed the torch" to our daughter and husband, who now get to experience just how much work it really is. [emoticon] I still get to carve the turkey, however, as my SIL still hasn't quite got the hang of it yet.[emoticon] Anyway, now its on to Christmas and then to warmer climes!

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Righyt now we are watching the weather report and just up the road from us in Asheville, NC they are getting heavy snow. It is about 18 to 39 degrees difference between here and there. It is very cloudy here at 43 degrees. It looks as if something is about to happen, rain, snow or something. but the temperature is not cold enough for snow.

Sue just let with the girls for their morning walk. BTW my sight is much better this morning. Well here comes Sue with Dixie and Suzie in from their walk. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Merry Christmas.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3117  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.