|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3120  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/20 04:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So those Cats on your porch that you and Sue have been taking care of actually belong to your neighbor?? Then you two provide a nice place for them to be protected in the cold back on their porch and it disappears?

They're lucky I'm not their neighbor.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/20 04:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have enjoyed our time here in Florida, but we are getting ready to leave for Texas. We have emptied the motorhome of non-essential stuff so we have room to pack stuff we have in Texas that we want to bring back "home." I don't know that I like living in a house yet, but it is what it is. We bought this so we could establish ourselves in year round warmth and have a place to stay with good medical facilities nearby. Next fall when we hopefully have all our stuff here we will get serious about changing all our doctors and settle into our new life, still traveling in the summer months, but having a home base here.

The weather here has been so much nicer than what we have had in Texas the last five years so we are looking forward to that.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. WE had a thunderstorm roll through last night that was strong. The temperature is very warm for this rime of year. To\his morning the sun is out, The sky is bright blue and it's 65 degrees. I am coming off the prednisone this morning and I fell kind of strange. I won't make it to church this morning as I seem to be nursing a hangover. The after effects of the meds is awful. I used up all the prednisone and now I have to adjust to life without it.

Boy did I get Dandy Dan confused last night. I told him the National Championship between LSU and Clemson was last night when it is Monday night. I stay so confused about what day it is lately. Can't seem to get my mind straight with the facts. Okay I am going to close for now wishing everyone a blessed da day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to yell someone you love them

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/20 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont often post ayplace now, but I need to tell you this. You can become addicted to prednisone. When I had tat brain tumor , the tumor was sucking all of the minerals from my body as fast as I consumed them in my normal diet and I had pred for a while. After the tumor was removed I was still on the pred. The Dr ask me how I was feeling and I said quite happily, " I feel GREAT!" he said no wonder with that pred you are on. I ask questions and found out I could be come addicted and I just quit taking it. Not recommended by the way. My Dr was a little shocked, but I think it was good for me to get off of it. No way would I want a little pill to start being in control of my life. Hang in there. it will only take a few days and you will soon begin to feel like yourself.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/20 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One full day without prednisone. I am feeling strange. I hope by tomorrow I will start to feel better.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/20 04:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations to the LSU football team as they are truly the National Champions.
For the most part the first half was a good game. I turned it off when LSU went up at half time and went to bed. The final score looks like Clemson did not do much in the second half.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/20 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Well LSU was too much for Clemson last night. It was a good first half and them LSU figured out Clemson's game plan and it was all down hill for Clemson after that. Maybe next year if Clemson can keep it's starters.

This morning is a good morning for me. Not too much pain as the prednisone wears off. Just wanted to lay in bed this morning under the nice warm covers. Dixie came and joined me for a short morning nap. Dixie loves to snuggle in close. She is such a sweet heart.

It's very foggy here this morning. reminds me of Nova Scotia. WE woke up one morning and the fog was so thick you couldn't see the end of the camper. It stayed that way most of the day. It's warm this morning at 65 degrees. I guess that is the reason for the fog with all of the humidity. The geese will be walking instead of flying this morning. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been reading this for years. Have not been on the last 5 days because I ended up in the hospital Friday night. I walked into the ER with a blood glucose over 1000 and collapsed when they started the insulin drip. I was on the mend when a blood infection caused me to sink again. Finally have some energy and looks like I may go home tomorrow. Someone let it slip that another 12 hours and it would have been a different outcome (black bag).

camping buddies - my husband,">
17 yr boy,18 yr girl,19 yr girl">
American Eskimo - Baby
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 02:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agteacher wrote:

I have been reading this for years. Have not been on the last 5 days because I ended up in the hospital Friday night. I walked into the ER with a blood glucose over 1000 and collapsed when they started the insulin drip. I was on the mend when a blood infection caused me to sink again. Finally have some energy and looks like I may go home tomorrow. Someone let it slip that another 12 hours and it would have been a different outcome (black bag).

Oh no, ag teacher! Did you know you were diabetic? When my Mom got sick they found out she was diabetic (type 2), but her BG was "only" in the 400's. I can't imagine one as high as yours. Glad you made it to the hospital and got the help you needed. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Dale

agteacher

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/20 03:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A 24 hour vomiting bug the weekend before threw my whole body out of whack. Knew there was a grandmother but no idea I was diabetic.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3120  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.