|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3152  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/20 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a problem at the house. We now have wild hogs in the woods across the street. oNe was killed the other day, a big one. Terry Unger said she weighed six hundred pounds. The male was 150 pounds. So far they haven't been on our yard. I was about to put out corn for the deer, but I think I won't with that threat near by.Hoopoe all is well with everyone. I got all my guns back. So I am reday for dove season, Deer season and what ever els that c=might come along. We have geese cominginto the pond, WE also have wild Turkey coming into the yard late in the evening, Bear season is open and the bears are comig down from the mountains as they are being hunted. We don't have large bears. These are Black bears. the biggest will be about 5oo pounds. they ae no danger to us as they will eat mainly berries and small mamals like squirrels. The only time you will run into an aggressive Black Bear is around it's cubbs or if it os injured. IT is a shame to hunt them as they are mostly like pets. you just don't want to get too close to one as you never know what mood he might be in. Okay I am going to close for now wishing everyone a blessed evening. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them..

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday I went looking for an old truck. Nothing fancy, nothing new, just a knock around truck to used hauling junk out of the yard and picking up firewood. I looked behind the back rest on the front seat and discovered an old shotgun. A real prize. It was a 20 gauge Fox Steringworth double barrel . it is worth a lot of money. The owner of the truck didn't know the gun was back there. It belonged to his father. THe owner couldn't tell me how long it had been there, for years he guessed. The old gun was in great shape and I guess it is worth about $2,000.00 or more. I didn't buy the truck, I got too caught up in the shot gun. Oh well trash and treasures story. I need to go so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, it's been an interesting week. We made it to Elkhart with no more problems with the tow bar. Got the windshield replaced a day early (pays to show up early) and went to Elkhart Campground for the weekend. Side trips down to Warsaw to see my 95-year old mom and sister, then over to Goshen to see Terry's 89 year old uncle.

Monday morning we went to Shipshewana and had a new refrigerator installed in the coach at National Refrigeration. For those of you that are interested, Leon Hershberger has sold that business to Glen Miller another Amish man and he is the one that did our work. He was done quicker than he thought and it is perfect in every way. A very nice man. $200 to install. Can you believe that? Included taking the other out (4-door Norcold).

We made our way to central Indiana to have our final doctor appointments in Indiana, as we are changing over to Florida doctors, since we have a house there. At this point it was becoming more clear that Terry was in trouble. . . brain fog, slurring/stuttering and shuffling his feet, tremors. Long story short after setting up camp, I drove him to Methodist ER in Indianapolis, a 60 miles drive. He was admitted. It's been a roller coaster week, but really have mostly good news. He thought he may have had a stroke, but that wasn't it. They ran every test there was. The problem was that he has taken so many heart meds over the years, they have started affected his other organs. So he was there for almost a week while they "detoxed" his body. They have changed some meds, dropped several, added one. Today he got his ICD changed out to a new improved model and he was discharged later today. Whew. I was tired of driving back and forth to Indy.

We see our GP tomorrow for the last time, then heading to Charlottesville to see our daughter and family, then home to Florida. We are following up with the heart doctor via telehealth and the liver doctor in Indy is setting up a follow up with a colleague in Tampa. So all is good. Terry is better, albeit tired, than he has been in a long time. These meds have been working on him a long time. . . like slowly being poisoned. Some he can not take anymore. Hoping it all works out.

He just waits way too long to go see a doctor that he ends up in trouble, but hopefully with doctors close by, that won't happen anymore.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 11:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am fighting Parkinson. Monday the doctor said I have Parkinson and he started me on medication. Oh well we will see how it goes.

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/20 05:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We made it to Charlottesville last Thursday and I had to take Terry to the ER. His blood pressure was very low. He was admitted and found to have spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. The fluid build up in his abdomen due to the liver failing was now infected and prolly was when he was discharged from Indy. They treated it very aggressively, but yesterday he took a turn for the worse and died last evening. Our daughter was with us and our son flies in today. His wishes were to be cremated and with covid I don't think we will plan any service here. We don't know anyone here and I don't want to drag the entire family back to Indiana. He did not want a funeral. So I plan to take his ashes with me to Florida and then next summer with Covid hopefully gone, I will take his ashes back to Indiana and have a graveside service to inter his ashes in the cemetery where all my family is buried.

I miss him terribly already. He was such a steadying influence on me.

Dale

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale, I'm so sorry and at a loss for words. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sandy & Doug

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale, my sincere condolences. At a loss for anything to say. So sorry for your loss.

2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

am fighting Parkinson. Monday the doctor said I have Parkinson and he started me on medication. Oh well we will see how it goes.

So sorry to hear this Richard. Let's hope the medication can help with this. Keep your chin up. [emoticon]

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hadn't checked the forum in a few days and seems to be a lot of bad news. [emoticon]

Richard, hopefully the medication will help.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale, we are so sorry to hear about Terry.[emoticon] Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Walter & Garland

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3152  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.