|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3156  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

am fighting Parkinson. Monday the doctor said I have Parkinson and he started me on medication. Oh well we will see how it goes.

Hang in there Richard. 2021 has got to be a better year than this one has been.[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 7 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale, so sorry for your loss. My prayers and condolences to you and your family.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/20 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale so sorry to hear about Terry. Our prayers go out to you and the your family.

Sure glad we got to meet you guys in Sevierville a few years ago.

Thoughts and Prayers
Dan and Patty

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny

BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/20 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't remember if I mentioned tis or not. Monday the doctor told me I had Parkinson disease. It's in its; early stages so he felt the meds would work well for me. I don't have tremors yet and may not if the meds do their job.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/20 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. It's difficult, but we will get through. My son has returned home to Florida and I am camped in Charlottesville where my daughter lives. Once I have everything, I will be pulling out and headed back home to Florida.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/20 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

went out to Greenville Pickens speedway the other day .Waited for a guy to show up with his car, but he never did. Oh well, just as well he didn't. He had promised me a turn in his car on the track. I guess he must have changed his mind. So far I am doing okay with the Parkinson thing. I am able to get around very well. my mind isn't clear at times, It seems I live in a fog at times. Our son who has been living in Portland is coming to live with us for a while. It has been ten year since we have seen him. He is Bi-Polar and has his troubles, but we are going to give it a try and see what happens. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone that you love them.

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning FOOFs

We are camping in Navarre Beach Florida in the Santa Rosa RV resort. This place is a little pricey but it is very nice. We have a spot on the water. This is our first week off since last October when we traveled to Sevierville. I am hoping that work leaves me alone this week. We are planning a trip to Destin today to do some touristy things and eat lunch. There is an Irish pub that we are going to. On Mondays they have a Sheppards pie special so I'm going to try that. Not sure what else we will do this week. We will be heading back home on Friday. I wish this wasn't so far from our home as we really like this area and would come up here more often but it's 500 miles from us. With only having 3 weeks of vacation time, it really limits how far we can travel from home.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
3 fur kids (Monty, Lola and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy)

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

I don't remember if I mentioned tis or not. Monday the doctor told me I had Parkinson disease. It's in its; early stages so he felt the meds would work well for me. I don't have tremors yet and may not if the meds do their job.

Spousal Unit has Parkinson's. So far, the medications have kept him stable enough to live normally, as long as he keeps exercising. Doc is one of the leading Parkinson's researchers, and told SU to walk, walk, walk.

He does shake, especially when tired, and since it's centered in his right leg, I don't let him drive the RV anymore. That's fine, I like driving it, and he's a wonderful ground guide. He does okay with his car for short local trips, but anything else, I drive.

I hope the meds work as well for you as they do for SU.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MetalGator wrote:

Good morning FOOFs

We are camping in Navarre Beach Florida in the Santa Rosa RV resort. This place is a little pricey but it is very nice. We have a spot on the water. This is our first week off since last October when we traveled to Sevierville. I am hoping that work leaves me alone this week. We are planning a trip to Destin today to do some touristy things and eat lunch. There is an Irish pub that we are going to. On Mondays they have a Sheppards pie special so I'm going to try that. Not sure what else we will do this week. We will be heading back home on Friday. I wish this wasn't so far from our home as we really like this area and would come up here more often but it's 500 miles from us. With only having 3 weeks of vacation time, it really limits how far we can travel from home.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Burch

Glad you like our area! The Irish pub in Destin is fun. The whole of the ceiling and walls are covered in dollar bills. [emoticon] WE usually keep clear of that area as they have been working on US98 forever. I call it the world's longest construction project! Next weekend we are heading north from here to Three Rivers State Park for a few days in the new 5er, to get all the 'kinks' worked out [emoticon]

2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3156  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.