|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3113  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/19 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Windows 10, I presume. It took me awhile to get it all sorted out last year with my new laptop.

yep....[emoticon] Did you buy apps for your computer?

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/19 04:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan I am glad Pickles is doing better. Our fur kids sure do worry us. Praying she continues to heal.

Richard, I am so glad your eye is doing well. It's a scary thing when they start messing with the eyes. I dread the time I need to have something like cataracts removed. Don't have them yet, but everyone in my family has and Terry is starting with them.

We continue our search for a place in Florida. Really just want an RV pad with some sort of a building, but would take a park model. But we want a port for over the motorhome. Looked at homes yesterday with RV garages. Beautiful but not really what we want. Once you get into an actual house, then people don't do much outside. In an RV park, people do a lot of stuff outside and mingle with their neighbors.

Trying to be methodical and searching an area being moving on.

Wish us luck.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/19 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale hope you guys find what you are looking for.

Winter will be here for the next few days. We can expect near freezing temps at night and low 40’s during the day. Then it will warm back up to fall like temps in the 50’s but weather man says it will not last as next weekend winter temps will be back.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. question. has anyone had a problem with snacks from milk Bone. Suzie is very sick from eating them. last night she threw up and this morning she isn't herself. She won't get out of bed and go outside. that's not like her. The Maro snacks are the ones in question. I have never seen Suzie so sick. Most likely I will take her to the vet this morning before we take off on our day trip.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a beautiful morning here in the deep South. There is frost on the ground this morning. Suzie is sick from too may treats. She loves the Maro Milk Bone Treats and I gave her too many last night and it upset her stomach. She threw up reasons why milk bones are unhealthy for your dog, I didn't notice at first but this article was written by a company selling their own products so read this with a grain of salt. early this morning and now she won't come out of her kennel to go outside or to come eat which isn't like her at all. She acts very sickly and doesn't want to do anything. Such a high energy dog just lying low acting sheepish and not interested in food is not my Suzie. I just read about allergies concerning Milk Bone dog treats and it is interesting to read. Sounds just like Suzie's symptoms. Okay we will wait and see how the day goes for her.

Frost outside this morning. Didn't think it got that cold last night but it must have. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 11/02/19 07:30am by Dixie Flyer *

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

..... Suzie is sick from too may treats. She loves the Maro Milk Bone Treats and I gave her too many last night and it upset her stomach.....

Well, I'm not Dr. Doug, and certainly not an expert in canine nutrition, but to me it sounds like the same situation you might have if you suddenly changed her regular dog food all at once. I think most dogs would have digestive "issues".

I have done zero research on milk bone maro treats, but I'm guessing that in moderation there's nothing wrong with them. JMHO.
[emoticon]

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

DOTLDaddy wrote:

Windows 10, I presume. It took me awhile to get it all sorted out last year with my new laptop.

yep....[emoticon] Did you buy apps for your computer?
Nope. There are plenty of free, public domain apps to use that fulfill my needs just fine.[emoticon]

SGTJOE

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Richard, the only treats my Rocky and Cookie get are Purina Lite Snackers. Been giving them these for years. Two good things about them are, one they are called LITE snackers because they are low calorie and two they are hard and help keep their teeth clean. They get them 3 times an evening and if I don't get them at the time they always get them I hear all about it from both of them.

Now here's a thing my little guy Rocky does when they both get their treats. He will take it in his mouth and then drop it in front of him and watch my Cookie girl while she eats hers, once she is finished he will eat his. Is this normal or is he really a true gentleman?

The Purina Lite Snackers are only available at a Vets office or on line, not in regular stores.

2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/19 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great trip today. Beautiful weather. Old Lincoln ran great. Took a tank of gas to go there and back 120 miles 20 gallons of gas. Hard pull in the mountains for it. A car with a carburetor has a hard time at high altitudes.

* This post was edited 11/02/19 04:06pm by Dixie Flyer *

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walteer I think you are right.Wlater said "I have done zero research on milk bone maro treats, but I'm guessing that in moderation there's nothing wrong with them. JMHO." I am guilty of giving too much at one time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3113  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.