RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Hybrid Travel Trailers: No News (continued)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> No News (continued)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/05 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well so far there's no progress in dealing with the bent frame on my 2006 Jay Feather 25E. When we last left off, Jayco had been contacted and they wanted me to make an appointment to take it to Slicers RV in New Castle Delaware. I contacted Slicers and after explaining the situation (with online photos) and Jayco's wanting me to bring it in and was told to call the next day to make the appointment. Since then, I've called Slicers 5 times over the past week asking for the person I spoke with. After hearing my name (and repeating it aloud on their end of the phone), it seems my point of contact was off that day, left work for the day, out to lunch, and out of the office. I left my name and number each time with a promise that she'd get back to me. It's obvious to me (since the person isn't there AFTER hearing my name aloud) that I'm being given the runaround. Today contact was made with Jayco (again) and the Jayco warranty rep is supposed to be calling Slicers to see what the problem is in getting me an appointment. I'm quickly losing patience, but I'm willing to wait until tomorrow afternoon to allow time for the rep to make his call and then call Slicers one last time and then get back on the phone with Jayco is I'm given the same old crap.

Don't take my outward calmness lightly. I'm beginning to get furious to the point where I'm willing to take the one-hour drive to New Castle just to talk to this person face to face. Right now I'm not happy with Slicers and am THIS close to losing my cool.... I'm on leave until Thursday and after that Uncle Sam needs me to go back to flying which means I'll be overseas for two weeks at a time and only home for a couple of days in between missions before going out to do it all over again. At this rate it could take years...

Cheers!

Chris
http://www.choxnpinz.com
2006 Nissan Titan SE
2009 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8315BSS
2 part-time teenage daughters (19 and 22)

Poppy & Nana

Upstate New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/05 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have more patience than we do...hope things turn out OK for you tomorrow. Have been following your saga and wish you lots of luck!

Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

thatguy1967

Springfield, Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/05 09:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris ~
Sorry for the situation you've found yourself in. I believe I'd make the drive and force them to look you in the face. Nothing worse than a cowardly salesperson. Had one of those myself.

Good luck with everything.

Greg

2002 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD Ext Cab, 5.3L, 3.42 axle
2006 KZ Coyote 23CMS, Equalizer Hitch/Voyager Brake Control

Sweptline

Carson City, NV

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/05 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wish I could back you up and tow the trailer down there for you while you're out flying! Carson City is a few miles from Delaware, unfortunately.

Very hokey things going on at the dealer. What do they have to lose? Money from Jayco for fixing the problem (if they are chosen to fix the thing)? No reason for them to be skittish about the whole thing.

Keeping our fingers crossed for you Chris.

Regards,
Kris

`04 Coyote 23CT; TurboMaxx fan, cabinet over couch, dual 6V batts, bellypan
`84 Ford F-250, 6.9L Diesel, ATS Turbo, C6 trans, 3.54 Gears, Bronco seat in back, dual TVs, 11-12mpg pulling.
Champion 3500W Generator
| COMBO | TRUCK | ENGINE | GEN 1 | GEN 2 |

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WEdnesday, 12 noon update... Slicers RV called me this morning and said the Jayco rep would be calling me today to gather some more information on the problem and led her to believe they're leaning toward repairing the unit instead of replacing it even though everyone else (including the dealer and a different Jayco rep) said it wouldn't be worth their time & effort to repair it since it involves the frame, floor, and walls. The alleged rep hasn't called me yet, but I'll keep you posted...

cembm1

Cumberland County, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not to steal your thread, but I'm having similar problems with Jayco.
I bought the unit brand new in July, (05 Escapade 28zslp) a week later I called to give them my complaint list witch included a slight vibration at about 60mph coming from the right front....

The unit went in for service a week later, and they didn't have "time" to look at the vibration. I was told that I could take it to ANY Chevy dealer and they would look at it. So, I took it to a local shop that can handle Motorhomes. They called me to tell me that the drive shaft was out of balance and that they could NOT fix it under warranty, because that was NOT the ORIGINAL shaft when it left CHEVY. The shaft had been lengthed 30 inches. I contacted Jayco and got a run around....I called them again....more of the same thing...Now after calling them again, I'm told that the company that makes the shaft will send a replacement shaft to the RV dealer and that they will install it....I'm not to keen on having an RV dealer do mechanical work to my MH. I'm also not thrilled that I have to drive it 100+ miles to get serviced, when there is a Jayco dealer less then 15 miles from my house....
I love my Jayco, but I'm over their customer service or lack there of......

MH-2005 Jayco 28zslp on chevy 6.0l chassis.
1 loving wife, two active boys
& 1 black camping lab

Old setup
TV-2002 Ford Explorer
TT-2004 Travelstar 23SRG

Mojo Nixon

London, ON

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Choxnpinz...

Can you post that link for the site you created showing all the defects?

[image]

One way or another I hope they sort this out pronto.
Kudos for your patience. If it was me I would have prolly gone postal by now.

Regards,
MJ

'05 Roo 19
'02 Chev Silverado 1\2 ton

"Boldly Going Nowhere...Fast"

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure.. here ya go.... http://www.choxnpinz.com/camping/jayco/jaycoquality.html

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3pm... I got a call from the Jayco rep... From the sound of it, it would appear that Jayco is going to try to REPAIR the myriad problems instead of replacing the unit. I don't know how they intend to get the frame repaired and THEN work on repairing the under-coating, floor panels, walls, corners, and floor-to-ceiling issues and still do it in a timely fashion (since I *am* making monthly payments on a unit that will likely sit in a service department's back forty for months), but if they think it can be done quickly, I'll support it. I'd think labor costs alone would make it financially irresponsible from a corporate point of view, but if that's the route they want to take.....

The next question is what happens six months down the road if the issues return? Are you going to put a patch ON a patch on another patch for a brand-new 2006 unit? That seems unwarranted (no pun intended). Anyone know anything about RV lemon laws??? I might need that information soon...

So at the moment, the Jayco rep is contacting the BAL people to see how to get the frame repaired before seeing what has to be done to repair the rest of the problems and getting me an appointment at the service center. This process alone sounds like it could take a while and every passing hour my patience grows thinner...

kenhall64

Magnolia, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris,
I'd wonder why Jayco has to contact BAL regarding fixing their trailer. Doesn't Jayco have engineers that designed the trailers and shouldn't they be the ones to consulted. I think all BAL can say is frame is designed to these specs and if it failed it was either damaged, was assembled wrong or Jayco's trailer design was wrong. They may be able to tell them where to weld or add support - but I would think the engineers at Jayco should have that skill.
To me sounds like delay tactic or plain old pass on the blame to BAL.
Good luck.
Ken

2006 Fleetwood Pegasus 190XP
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
2004 Toyota Sienna
Wife and 6 year old son
Trek 5000 OCL Road Bike
Trek Mountain Bike

http://community.webshots.com/user/kenhall64

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> No News (continued)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.