RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Hybrid Travel Trailers: No News (continued)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> No News (continued)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mwebber78

New England

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/05 02:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know, it seems like theres just to many mistakes on this thing to be all "accidental" during the assembly phase of this. I'd be curious how these things are trucked and transported and cared for after assembly. I know in some cases its obvious they missed the ball, but the frame is what leads me to believe this unit has a "long" history that's unknown to you as the owner and everyone else on here.

2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

campertime

Hockeytown, MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was all this damage there when you bought the trailer or did it continually get worse as you've used it?

I wonder how you got a bent frame if you didn't hit anything and nothing hit you. Plus you said 2006 model, Jayco quit making the 25E in 2005. Makes me wonder if the dealer screwed you and gave you a faulty repaired trailer.

2015 Keystone Passport GT 2400BH
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC 4x4 Z71
Equal-i-zer Brand Hitch
GLPUC

nascrfn

Hatboro,Pa

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 02:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Jayco made some 25G's as '06'sHere's one at my dealer

The Rankins
2004 Trailbazer EXT
2005 Jayco Jayfeather 23B

Mc Camper

Fenton, MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would question the year on that trailer. Just because the dealer said it is a 2006 does not make it one. I know in the automobile industry they would be crazy to produce a few cars as 2006 for a few months then discontinue them. That would be a nightmare for their warrenty work.

However it is possible that is what Jayco did. I guess if the title has 2006 for the model year then that is what it is. I know at our local dealership all 2006 units had the new clamps for the bunk ends. All their 2005 units still had the twist clamps. So I would be upset not getting all the improvements on the 2006 that the rest of the models got (Better support cables, newly designed latches...)

I believe Jayco will eventually take care of it. You just have to go through the motions first.

Good Luck

Mike
2003 Chevy Avalanche
2006 Jayco Jay Feather 26L

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kenhall64 wrote:

I'd wonder why Jayco has to contact BAL regarding fixing their trailer. Doesn't Jayco have engineers that designed the trailers and shouldn't they be the ones to consulted.

To my understanding, BAL produces thousands of these kind of frame (mostly for the RV industry) but they *did* design it, so Jayco is inquiring.

BTW, nice meeting you at Killens Pond on Monday... Hope to see you there this weekend if I'm not in Iraq. LOL

Cheers!

Chris
http://www.choxnpinz.com
2006 Nissan Titan SE
2009 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8315BSS
2 part-time teenage daughters (19 and 22)

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

campertime wrote:

Was all this damage there when you bought the trailer or did it continually get worse as you've used it?

Unfortunately, I don't know. I was giddy to get the trailer and get it home, so inspecting that kind of deatil never crossed my mind. But you can bet it will in the future.

* This post was edited 09/16/05 12:56pm by an administrator/moderator *

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 06:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mc Camper wrote:

However it is possible that is what Jayco did. I guess if the title has 2006 for the model year then that is what it is. I know at our local dealership all 2006 units had the new clamps for the bunk ends. All their 2005 units still had the twist clamps. So I would be upset not getting all the improvements on the 2006 that the rest of the models got (Better support cables, newly designed latches...)

The title says 2006 and the production date was June 2005. BTW, my unit was made BEFORE they switched bunk clamps so I've still got the crappy twisty-things. I guess the bigger question would be why they were discontinued during a production year, or did they just sell out of the 2005s and make a few extras to cover the sales they already had?

ny_ttd

Upstate, NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris,

I too have a Jayco JayFeather Lemon. I have found the following link to an listing of suspected RV lemons. Guess who is on the list! I know it doesn't help our situation, but at least its something.

http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/rvll-site/rvll-lemon-models.html

Keep up the good fight.

DAN

Choxnpinz

Dover, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/05 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ny_ttd wrote:

I too have a Jayco JayFeather Lemon. I have found the following link to an listing of suspected RV lemons.

Yup, there's dozens of links on Google for lemon laws regarding RVs, and it seems the Jay Feather is on all of their lists... I'd much rather have Jayco do the right thing instead of seeing their sales get hurt by publicity or legal battle...

rdean

Where I park the trailer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/05 07:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does DE have a Consumer office you can get involved? Here in VA I believe it is in the Attorney General's office. Maybe a letter to the DE Attorney General with copies to all parties involved? Worth a try anyway. Might be just enough to get movement on this.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> No News (continued)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.