|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rid-X

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ThomasJ

U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/02 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks I will give rid-x a call again just to be safe ,that rvchem I would probaly try but I just think if it was so good why is it not alvailable at any stores .the only way to buy it is over the internet .Think I will stick with a product that has been around for a while better be safe then sorry . Thanks

Thomasj

Ron B.

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/02 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do any of you use Odorlos? If so, how do you like it? I used it all last summer and was very pleased with it--no odor at all, chemical or otherwise----completely stainfree, and cleans the sensor and safe for valves. Also, only 4 oz. for a 40 gal. tank--pretty economical. Does anyone have any known negatives about it?

Thanks for your replies.

Ron B.">">

mrush-muncey

Eaton Twp., OH

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/02 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all! New to this site. What is Odorlos & where do you get it? We just use a deodorant in our tank...something we pick up at Walmart. The name begins with "Chem". It does a pretty good job of controlling odors but does not help much in breaking down solids in the tank. We use Rid-X in our septic tank at home but I have no idea if it does any good or not. We haven't had any problems (knock on wood) so I'm guess it does

RVER

West of Boston, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/02 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crestline people are retired and no longer make teh bacteria holding tank products. too bad cause they made the best product out there.

cptdav

North Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/02 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Ron B. I checked out their site and it looks like it might be a good product. I think I'll try odorlos instead of Rid-X.

Jerry

ThomasJ

U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/02 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once again Rid-X says NO NO we do not recomend it in RV use .It is made for septic tanks. Well I have read many views I think the best is why put any chemical in your tanks if they dont smell you are just flushing your money down the pipes . also try that special toilet paper made for rv bull just use scotts toilet paper works better in is cheaper for me its no chemicals & scotts .I have a flushing unit built in my tank to flush those sidewalls .

CCaron

Gardner, MA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/02 08:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is another product that is like RID-X, but it is made for RV's, it call Bio-Green Waste Digester. It comes in 12 single packs in a plastic bucket and has a pine sent and it sells for around $3.95.

Cliff

skipper

Louisville KY USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/02 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is going on in the waste tanks pipes . If you are using the Blue stuff not much ,as it will kill any frendly bacteria and causes slow drain to tank . If you use a product and use it for some other use than stated on the lable of course they will not tell you to use it other than what they tested it for. I use Drain clean ( enzymes) The Bacteria is from US in the tank to gether with the Enzymes they get to gether and digest the waste and paper clean all the tank and pipes seals under side of the toilet you can not see . I use it down all the drains at least twice a month . Also it will work between flush of tank as it cleans up any Bio - mass . Use what you wan't LOL Skipper P.S enzymes do not work well if the Blue stuff is still in tank takes a few dumps to get it out of the tank .

99 DCTD 3500 5spd quad line-x Pac-brake. boost,egt,fuel gauges /26ft 95 American star 5thwheel w/1slide

GWMAYES

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/02 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've heard that some campgrounds do not want you to dump the formeldihyde (sp?) [blue stuff] into their septic/sewer systems. Been using Rid-X for several years now, including in porta potties. Works great, economical too.

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

George in Albuquerque
2003 Silverado 2500HD ExtCab, ShortBed 4X4, Duramax/Allison, Jordan 2020 Brake Controller, Transfer Flow 45 Gal, Reese 16k Slider (converted to non-slider), Honda EU3000
2001 Sunnybrook 27RKFS

dales

Magalia, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/02 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use Odorlos and am very happy with it, but like other waste digesters, it takes time to work. We use it while parked, then empty tanks (if we can) before next leg of trip, then add 5 gallons water back in with Odorloss and non-bleach detergent. The detergent keeps tanks and sensors clean and won't affect the enzymes in the tank. Odorloss is formaldehyde free.

Dale & Gloria - Magalia, CA1997 Dodge 2500 HD SLT Club Cab 4x4 Diesel Longbed 4.10 - Prodigy2002 Keystone Montana 2955RL 5erIBM Corporation, retired.Email us here.This is our rig

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rid-X
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.