|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Spray-In Bed Liners

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
Mikell

Gainesville, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/05 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recently joined the Truck Camper ranks with the purchase of a 2005 Lance 1181 fully loaded (except satellite dish/antenna) for our 2005 Ford F-350 Diesel Dually Long Bed. We lost our 21 ft. Hi-Lo in a fish-tailing accident this past Summer north of Montgomery on I-65 coming back from vacation, so no more towing for me for a while. Thankfully no one was hurt, but in addition to totalling the trailer, we did about $8k worth of damage to our Suburban. Anyway, we had planned on moving to a Truck Camper arrangement eventually, so the accident just accelerated the decision. I am considering a spray-in liner for the truck and was curious what everyone is using. I'm leaning toward the Speedliner product.

Cliford

Whidbey Island , Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/05 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LINE-X

2003 2500 Dodge CD
2000 Damon 27R Hornet
2005 Chev 1/2 ton Silverado
2007 Forest River Cherokee Lite 18DD TT

jdcone

Riverside, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/05 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto. Looks more uniform, compared to Rhino.Both have a lifetime warranty.

Owners of Bob the Wonder Dog, and a bunch of other useless stuff.
1999 22' Tioga class C

dalton4

Anchorage, AK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/05 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rhino

2006, Winnebago 24
2010 Subaru Forester,Demco equipped with BB.

Mikell

Gainesville, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/05 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have heard that UV fades the Rhino, and the Speedliner website publishes test data that shows it has a higher tensile strength. Those who use Rhino, have you heard any response to those claims?

ramlinwillie

Littleton CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/05 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rhino or LineX are both good, it all depends on the application of the product. If it's not prepped properly it'll be tearing off. Don't know how one can look more uniform then another, except for a poor application. I've helped put a few in truck beds, my stepsons are in the business. If I were you, I'd ask to see a finished truck, open the tailgate and see how thick it is on the bottom. Should have close to 1/4 inch there if they're putting the right amount on, it's close to five gallon in a truck bed.

04 F250 FX4 CC Lariat SB, Rhino Lining 6.0L V-8 Diesel TorqShift auto Camper Package-Rear Stabilizer Bar,Aux Springs, Rancho RS900X, Timbrems, Goodyear 245/70R19.5G, Pullrite SuperGlide, 2005 CedarCreek Silverback,2003 F350, 2007 Outfitter Apex 9.5

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/05 09:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Line-X with rubber mat.

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/05 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had Rhino installed in 99 when the Truck was new and it looks as good now as it did then. I have hauled rocks, gravel, engines, you name it. There are no scratches, tears, and it has sit in the Az sun at times.

samsontdog">">

maritt3

No. Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/05 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our new Dodge has a Turbo-Liner. We use a rubber mat under the camper. All good so far. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, glad everyone is OK...

'05 Dodge 3500
'04 Northern Lite Ten 2000RR

Buz2b

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/05 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ramlinwillie wrote:

Rhino or LineX are both good, it all depends on the application of the product. If it's not prepped properly it'll be tearing off. Don't know how one can look more uniform then another, except for a poor application. I've helped put a few in truck beds, my stepsons are in the business. If I were you, I'd ask to see a finished truck, open the tailgate and see how thick it is on the bottom. Should have close to 1/4 inch there if they're putting the right amount on, it's close to five gallon in a truck bed.

Good advice! Also look at the details like do they remove the bolts and tie downs before application. You don't want any bed bolts or tie downs sprayed. Do they do any prep work on the bed before they apply the coating. Some do little or nothing. Others will sand and prep the bed. Ask questions, get it in writing and don't look back. The bed lining is a wonderful thing.

2005 F-150, Factory Tow Package
2006 Keystone Z271 Zeppelin II
Bill, Pixie, Honeybun the rescue and our DOTL cat Pita

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Spray-In Bed Liners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS