RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fixed City Water Fill Valve after I pushed it under pressure

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Fixed City Water Fill Valve after I pushed it under pressure

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jfbryant

Sequim

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/08 10:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have what I would term an opposite problem. It seems that the valve "sticks" from back pressure in the coach. I use a 40# regulator at the city water faucet and for some reason I cannot get adequate flow within the coach after a few uses. I've gotten good pointers on how to attack removal and probably replacement of that valve.

ctrout

Mountain Home, ID

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/08 12:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We might as well bring this one back to the top since 'tis the season for winterizing (and I broke my valve). I'll add that I also had a problem pulling the donut off. I had to set mine on my workbench and punch the post out of the donut instead. Once I had that part figured out, the rest of the process took literally less than 2 minutes.

Hoppers4

Port Orchard, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/09 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread helped me out in a different way. I did a Google search on G-874 and landed on this thread. I was trying to figure out how to dissect the check valve to remove it's guts.
I was having a problem with my Sightseer water temperature fluxuating with water pressure. Pretty annoying stuff when you're not hooked up to city water and the pressure cycles up and down as the pump cycles.
Anyway, another thread here pointed out the problem was the check valves on the water heater used for winterizing. The Sightseer uses one manual valve and a check valve to accomplish water heater bypass. This additional check valve has enough spring pressure to reduce flow when the pressure is reduced. Hence the variation of temperature with the variation of pressure.
Since I winterize with air and not antifreeze I figured I would just gut the valve. Thanks to this thread I now know how to do it.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

bingoldsby

Oregon State Parks - somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/09 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Done it too. In my case, it was just curiosity as to what that little thingamajig in there was. I pushed it in and then had to take the thing apart to get the valve seated properly again.

Us darn guys that just have to poke at something.

Brian K7ZRZ
Currently residing in Tacoma, WA
1987 30' Holiday Rambler Class A
GL1800 Goldwing - Honda Helix Scooter
2000 Silver Miata LS Toad

wagonmaster2

northcentral oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/09 10:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never got my face washed or broke the water valve, but sure am glad to get this information cause if it happened to someone it will eventually happen to me. Kind of a Murphy's Law. Thanks for the great repair instruction.

Wagonmaster2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Fixed City Water Fill Valve after I pushed it under pressure
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.