RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1097  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

It cooled down a bit here yesterday. We were only about 92*, plus, we had a little bit of a breeze in the morning. that breeze sure felt good! Well, some news here. art has finally decided he needs to sell the MOHO. He can no longer drive, and he refuses to lert me drive, so he is going to sell it. We have started taking out personal items. Kinda getting to me, but, you gotta do what you gotta do.

ro_sie, sorry to hear that. Although I do all the driving when towing the fifth wheel, I have offered to let my wife take the wheel, she really doesn't want to. If I pressed the issue, I am sure she would. Probably should in case there is a time when she would need to. She is not a good passenger as it is, she is a bit nervous with that fifth wheel behind us, but she deals with it.

We are still getting rain nearly every day, it just poured last night. So much that the GFI outlet that the fifth wheel is plugged into on the side of the house popped, I would guess just all the moisture in the air, although the wind was blowing a little during the rain, could of got a little water in it, it did its job, although they can be overly sensitive at times. I am guessing this one is getting a bit weak, its been reset a number of times over nearly 20 years. I am going to go ahead ,and wire a new one in today.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/19 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

94 degrees at 1500! 2 MPH breeze.
I mixed up 2 gallons of vinegar/epsom salts/dish soap weed killer and sprayed it around. It works great on thistles and other broad-leaf weeds, but not so good on grasses. I had about 6 thistles sprouting in the pasture, and soaked them all. By tomorrow they should be done for.
We got a real nice oak table and six chairs at an estate sale yesterday. One of the chairs has no seat, so I got the Shopsmith out and cut a seat pan out of a piece of 3/4 A/C plywood I had. Now to find an upholstery place that can make the pad and cover for it. If we can't find fabric to match the other five, we'll get them all done.
I fired up the pressure washer and blasted the mud off of the Jeep, then did the same for the ATV, and then figured might as well get the PT out and clean it off, too.
I'm done for the day...
ro_sie, sad to hear that you will be gone from the RV owner's community. I hope you can find a buyer soon. the waiting for somebody to come get it can get annoying!

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weather is slowly improving, did get a pretty good thunderstorm last night.

Pretty close to being ready for the Montana trip ,a week from tomorrow we are out of here.

Mower, looks like you are getting a little rain, I thought I heard you guys got some hail also ???

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our drought is finally breaking. we got some really heavy rain yesterday. Took Gracie and Rockie to the vt yesterday, they are both doing great. Rockie weighed in at almost 5 pounds and Gracie a little over 3. Not bad for the to best door bells I have ever had [emoticon]

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rain. Possibly for three days; Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Below average temps, as well, and possibly snow above 6000 feet.
I have no plans to go up there, so no problem.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/19 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been out of the dog ownership now for several years. Although both my sons have dogs, I get to see them enough or babysit them when they vacation. Thats enough now. Have had dogs all my life until the last one, a 13 year old lab we had to finally put down, not a pleasant thing. No more.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we got sme good news today. Art had a colonoscopy. We were afraid cancer had returened. but NOPE! he has a fisure and now that we know what his problem is, we are going to begin treating it. I never thought I would be happy to be treating just lung cancer! His eye sight tho is something that we will never be able to fix. So, we are still in the place of needing to sell the moho. Hate to, I really like that thing. But, life is life and you have to do what you have to do. Nascar was rained out yesterday, but they are running this afternon. Since carl Edwards stopped driving, I hardly ever watch it, but Art is glued to the TV. Art still likes Chase Elliot and Jimmy Johnson. I had to laugh when I wrote that. You all have a good day and God Bless.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not much going on around here. A little rain now and then, but the really bad thunderstorms missed us. Temps have been in the upper 70s/low 80s.
Mowed the lawn yesterday, but the pasture grass and weeds have gotten out of hand. That is going to be difficult to mow now.
ro_sie, glad to hear that Art is doing well.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks mower. He had chemo again last wednesday and that throws him for a loop for a number of days. zzit is very cool here this morning. 69*.Usually by this time of the day it is well into the mid to high 70's. Weather amn said last night that we would not meet 70 here today. Our sky is heaviy overcast and it smells like it is going to rain too. I need to get ready to make my landfill run. Have a great day and about your pasture, borrow some goats, it will be down to the roots in no time.

cross21114

Baltimore, MD, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/19 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

Not much going on around here. A little rain now and then, but the really bad thunderstorms missed us. Temps have been in the upper 70s/low 80s.

So that should be good for fire season?

Prayers for Art.

Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 1097  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS