RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 973  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/12 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

craigslist DOES work!
The boat is gone! YAY!
Of course, I had it on there all last year, and then let it lapse over the winter, and put it back a few days ago...
But it is GONE, that's what counts.
So I bought a .22 rifle.
Now to set up a target range in the back yard.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Toad: '06 PT Cruiser, Kar Kaddy dolly
Toy (may become a toad): 2001 Dodge QC SWB, 360 Magnum, Auto, 4X4
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a fantastic sunny day here. So grateful for that. Got my house pretty well recovered from all the people we had here last week. Saw an add on craigs list last night for iron cookware. We went and looked at it and I bought it. 5 skillets and one iron sauce pan. two of the skillets were griswalds, so I both them for $25. Started cleaning them right away. they were filthy. had to acutally sand the crud off of them. going to keep the two griswalds and the sauce pan and give the rest to younger family members. If they take care of them I will consider passing down some of my good stuff. Kids have no idea of the value of those old skillets.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Holiday Rambler Endeavor

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok Folks, we have landed at my brothers place in Ft. Laud....actually a suburb just a little SW called Davie, the FT. Laud "area" is a large urban area with many bedroom communities in satellite around it. Had a very nice uneventful trip down...stopped in Orlando to visit with an old Army buddy (reserves) we spent two days there and ad a great time. Got to watch the AMWAY Arena implosion and toured around the medical universe growing up around the new VA hospital being built in the area called Lake Nona, very impressive. All has gone well on the trip, apparently the EZ lube greasing was beneficial.

Seems you had a good time at CW. I sur would have liked to have been there. It's great that they have opened a store in our area. Saves me from having to drive to Knoxville or Spartanburg. So we can swing by whenever and just window shop if she wants to. So NC, nice of you to get Mrs. NC that nice new washer/dryer combo. Did you take it home with you and install it or will you take the 5'er back to CW for them to do it?

So, ro_sie , Handbasket, NC et al, will hope to see you when we get back. Expect to be winging back on Tuesday or Wednesday Apr 2-3, need to be home by the 5th. Until then will be hanging around here visiting old friends and getting ready for the retirement party.

ro_sie, first thing I asked my brother was do you have beer. He said he needed to get some so I said let's go now and off we went to get sme steaks for dinner and a 12 pack of Yuengling. So, needless to say a relaxing evening I drank beer while he barbequed steaks.

Will stay in touch, you all be safe. See you later.

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Mower, great news on selling the boat....sounds like the fist step toward rearranging your universe. Good for you. I always wonder about Craigs List.....sounds like it worked out well. Hope the weather is great out there.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/12 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice day here today. saw on the other thread about camping world that Larry is swapping over to this thread. dropping off his rv to cw in ashville (fletcher) on the way home too. We need to tell him he has to supply his own electric and beer here absolutely NO freebies here lol

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/12 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geez, I guess I'll have to get one of those Honda generators to supply the electric and chill the beer, maybe get some staks or chops to ...OR maybe we get CW to supply the beer and steaks ....I'l work on that. Looks like rain has been following me. Rained in Orlando and rained here last night, 25% percent chance today.

Hope all is well with everyone...hope to see most of you soon....Mower, you should just pop on over...really not that far.....and we have mountains ! some of the folks out west call them "hills" but they really are mountains.

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/12 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..Larry, I saw the AMWAY Arena explosion on TV...they showed it on Fox or ESPN, ...cool....
Yep, like an idiot...I took the 5er to Camping World.....took it home after the satellite install, because I hadn't done my taxes yet...came out ok on my taxes...called Camping World about the Splendide XC2100, which WAS on sale, but not last Saturday...BUT, they sold it to me at the sale price, SOOOOOO I hooked up AGAIN and dropped it off this past Saturday and will pick it up THIS Saturday after work.....I'm getting the washer/dryer combo and also getting a window awning put over the living room window....if the suns shining in, it gets warmer and if it's raining, you don't want to open the window....the awning fixes both those issues.

Got up to 77 here today and sunny.....

As of now..."right now"...out plan is to either go to WV over Good Friday weekend, or go to Riverside RV in Sevierville TN from Thursday eve through Mon over Easter weekend. That may be our choice, depends on the weather....

hope all of you are well and having a great day...

Larry, have a safe trip back to the moutains.

Jon, I sold my 99' Jayco Quest pop up camper...put it in a local sale paper in the area (Iwana), and sold it the FIRST day the ad came out.....they carry the ad for two weeks and I'm STILL getting phone calls to see if it's sold....Wished I'd asked more for it now

later alligators.....

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/12 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is so BEAUTIFUL here today. Maybe I just feel good because Art came out ok on his eye appt. His dr said there is a tiny bit of leakage, but he can go on and get his cataract off. SO...we are doing that soon. Then he goes back to the retina dr to keep an eye on that leakage. Still, it is good to know if it continues we can keep it in check. We may have to go grab handbasket by the hand and drag him here to this thread. Glad you are here Larry, and if I have to, I will personally provide salt for your beer

LTCLarry

Maggie Valley, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/12 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie,

Glad things came out well for Art. I now that's a relief. Yea, we need to needle Handbasket over here. Things are good here in FT laud enjoying family etc. Should be home late on Tuesday..then have to take my little dog (Magnolia) to the Univ of tenn Vet center on wednesday so they can diagnose th grfowth on her eye and hopefully remove it.

So, I'll have to make a separate trip to CW to drop off the TT for brakes.

More later

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/12 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Magnolia, what a nice name for a dog! My girls name is Gracie and she is a 3 pound yorkie who rules the roost. Friday! what a great day. even tho I am retired, I LOVE friday. Did I mention I babysit all week long for a soon to be 4 year old? I love her to pieces, but I love love LOVE friday I would be willing to bet that nc will be going camping very soon so Kathy can try out that new washer dryer. Kathy, I hope you remember that you only need a drop or two of detergent. Either that or you will be rerinsing your items. Larry, best of luck to Magnolia. I hope everything goes well for her.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 973  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Chat Threads

> Friends from the "OOP'S" thread.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS