RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Addition of carpet and new drawer to 10-2000CD (5 photos)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Addition of carpet and new drawer to 10-2000CD (5 photos)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We agreed to put in carpet right away, Linoleum too cold on our little tootsies. (carpet $20)

[image]

Under the dinette there is a small open space, we thought of a few things to store there like shoes but opt'ed to build a drawer instead. For the moment the drawer just sits on the floor and slides back and forth, maybe later I'll install drawer guides if it starts to snag up the carpet. (Drawer mostly scraps from the woodshop & left over paint, I did buy the drawer pull $2.99 it almost matches the rest)

[image]

[image]

[image]

I also removed the drawer guides from this one drawer and replaced with full extension guides, if we are happy with the drawers staying closed during this two week trip I will change the rest.

[image]

Me - Kim - Spot
2006 F-350 4x4 DRW V10 - 2005 Northern Lite 10-2000CD

What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spott,

We are thinking about putting carpet down in our 1996 Lance. How did you cut the carpet to match perfectly and how did you glue/nail it down?

Thanks for the help,
Brad

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To cut the carpet I start with flat cardboard and cut it into strips 12" wide by how ever long. Start in one corner, place cardboard and overlap the next piece keeping it tight to the wall, trim around any obstacle and hot glue the pieces together. Go around the whole floor this way to make your template.
Pull the template out and place upside down on top of upside down carpet mark with marker and cut.

We did not attach the carpet, just sits on the floor.

[image]

Fold template and store until you need to replace carpet.

[image]

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks. That looks like a very good way to do it.

The carpet looked so perfect that I just figured it was glued down or something. If just laying it in there will work, that will be better for cleaning.

Thanks for the info,

Wake Up America
1996 Lance 500 and 2006 F-350 PSD 4X4 DRW
Our Truck Camper Photos

PR Connection

Powell River BC

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What does a person do if he has dirty shoes or boots when they come in? Do take off your shoes/boots every time you want a beer out of the fridge?

2019 Arctic Fox 990 ">
Fully loaded!!!

ramlinwillie

Littleton CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/05 03:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the carpet package in mine, but come hunting season I bought the in-door out-door carpet at Home Depot for about $25. Cut it to fit using the original carpet and I have a carpet that can get muddy and what ever. If you can't clean it, just throw it away. It doesn't look as good as spott's though![emoticon]

04 F250 FX4 CC Lariat SB, Rhino Lining 6.0L V-8 Diesel TorqShift auto Camper Package-Rear Stabilizer Bar,Aux Springs, Rancho RS900X, Timbrems, Goodyear 245/70R19.5G, Pullrite SuperGlide, 2005 CedarCreek Silverback,2003 F350, 2007 Outfitter Apex 9.5

Hook

Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PR Connection wrote:

What does a person do if he has dirty shoes or boots when they come in? Do take off your shoes/boots every time you want a beer out of the fridge?

That why we use hall runner rug or carpet remnants. Just throw them away and put new in every year. And PR if you didn't walk thru every mud puddle you see you wouldn't be tracking in all that mud. That's what my Mommy use to tell me all the time. [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Hook

And just to add Spott, your project looks great.

Chevy 2500 4x4 CC D-Max/Allison
Summerwind 806
Winnebago 2014 30T
"Kik-n-but" 23' modified Atec, twin Yamaha 60's,
Hewes 20' Kenai River Special 50hp Yamaha,
Polaris RZR
27' Bayweld Offshore Boat, 300 HP,the "Bernie C"

INSAYN

NW Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tip for your drawers during travel. Pick up a package of velcro squares that have the sticky on the back. Remove backing paper and attach the hook side to the the back of the drawer face (make sure that the door face will contact a cabinet face). With the loop side still gripping the hook side, remove it's backing paper and slide the drawer closed and press hard enough to get the loop side to stay put. Pull the drawer back out and then throughly press the square pads in place.

If one set of squares does not do it, then add a second set. However, one should do it in most cases.

INSAYN

[image]

1997 F350 CrewCab PSD 4x4, auto.
2005 SnowRiver 8'10", Loaded + EU2000i.
2005 8.5'x16' Interstate West Cargo trailer, Line-X'ed
2005 16' Fish-Rite Rogue welded aluminum boat, 2005 40HP Yamaha 2-stroke O/B.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

INSAYN wrote:

Tip for your drawers during travel. Pick up a package of velcro squares that have the sticky on the back. Remove backing paper and attach the hook side to the the back of the drawer face (make sure that the door face will contact a cabinet face). With the loop side still gripping the hook side, remove it's backing paper and slide the drawer closed and press hard enough to get the loop side to stay put. Pull the drawer back out and then throughly press the square pads in place.

If one set of squares does not do it, then add a second set. However, one should do it in most cases.

INSAYN

[image]

Well I'll be darned, never thought of that! I just might do that to a couple of stuborn cupboard doors! Thanks.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/05 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The camper floor is about 9' long and the carpet comes 12', so the extra is cut into door mats for the inside. Replace the mat a couple of times and then replace the whole thing if it doesn't clean up anymore. 20 bucks for wall to wall carpeting, not to bad.

INSAYN; thanks for the idea, if they don't stay closed on their own we may give it a try.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Addition of carpet and new drawer to 10-2000CD (5 photos)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS