RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Attention Owners of Monaco 2001-2004 Coaches

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Attention Owners of Monaco 2001-2004 Coaches

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
StuartT

La Conner, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is what a completed TSI 124 looks like on a rear radiated coach.
[image]

StuartT
2006 HR Imperial
42 PBQ

gswcgi

Wandering

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In reference to Stuart T's last post about picking up rocks which damage the radiator, I had to have my rdiator on my 2003 Safari Cheetah replaced at about 15,000 miles. Allison who did the replacement told me that they were sure that the leak on both bottom sides of the radiator housing was due to the rigidity in the mounting of the radiator to the frame. When the coach flexed, as they all do when you go over driveways etc., the radiator eventually gives due to flexing stress. Monaco has an additional modificaction they will add to the coach, if you ask, that is a very well made screen that fits underneath the engine in front of the radiator to prevent rocks etc. from reaching the radiator. They charge $68.14 (their cost for the part), Monaco part # 22903293, and they pick up the labor.I believe that this part applies to rear radiators only but one would have to verify this. I had mine put on at the Harrisburg service center last summer. It took two techs about an hour and one half to complete the installation. If you think you have a problem due to rocks or debris it is worth putting the rock guard on. It is not a difficult intsallation, it is just the location that makes it time consuming. The installation does not interfere with engine oil changes. Just a thought for anyone who thinks you might have this issue. BTW, I inspected the radiator that Allison removed with their Service Manager and a Senior T and there tech and there was no damage from rocks etc. it was stress related damage!!!

'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad

StuartT

La Conner, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. I just called Monaco National Parts to order this rock guard, but the cost is $233.82 plus freight. He said that maybe other pricing has been available at rallies, or in the service departments, but that was his price from the parts center. I much prefer gswgci's price!

Ps. The Endeavor and Diplomat part number is 22903391.

gswcgi

Wandering

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The radiator rock guard should be "good willed". Jim Walls, one of their service supervisors, offered the rock guard at their price of $68.14 without my asking about it nor questioning the price!!! After what Stuart T has been through it is the very least they can do!!

bsprague

Milton, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/06 12:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm impressed. After weeks of stressful discussion on a painful topic, you guys turned this into a positive "heads up" situation. Classy!

Bill Sprague
2004 Beaver Monterey, 8.3 ISC 350 Cummins
2007 Ford Edge AWD
9 ft Quicksilver inflatable boat w/ 15 hp Suzuki

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stuart,
I just saw your picture. I was just going to post one of mine when I saw yours. Thanks. Its the same one and mine does have it.

Galvanizd

Puerto Penasco Mexico.... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gentleman, I for one would like to comment on this informative post. We've all seen the bickering and arguing that goes on within some of these forums. A couple of times, I'v even stopped reading some of the more sarcastic forums becasue they have little to offer. This is what an informative thread should look like. People posting correct information and helping each other through problems. Again thanks.

Allen61605

Bend, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/06 01:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2002 HR Endeavor. After reading StuartT's original post on this topic I called HR Customer Service to see if I have a potential problem. After talking to several people, they said that my coach is not affected. Can I trust Monaco? Is there a way to check if mine is on of the flawed radiators. Someone mentioned that the flawed radiators were aluminum. Does that mean the non affected radiators are steel?

Dick & Barb
2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

StuartT

La Conner, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not know how you sort that one out Dick. You are smack in the middle of the right year range. If I were you, I would call them back and ask them to re-confirm, and just for your peace of mind, to send you an email to that effect.

gswcgi

Wandering

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/06 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaco told me today that any Monaco coach with a number beginning with "704" came out of the factory with the new modification.Additionally, they stated that if you didn't get a notification about the issue you don't have the problem. Look at your coach number....704 is the operative key.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Attention Owners of Monaco 2001-2004 Coaches
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.