RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 354  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
kebmw

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, I forgot - I've been trying this method to work on a few mold spots in my house bathroom and it is helping. Spray Vinegar & Tea Tree oil solution on the spot and wait 30 minutes. Then spray with a solution of water and baking soda and wait 30 minutes. After that you scrub the area with a tooth brush dipped in Hydrogen Peroxide and rinse. Might be too labor intensive for a roof though.

https://rootandrevel.com/diy-mold-remover-how-to-get-rid-of-mold-naturally-without-bleach/

lowryfarm

Salisbury, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For getting stains out of clothes I use one part blue Dawn dishwashing soap and two parts hydrogen peroxide. I keep it in a spray bottle. This combination takes out just about every stain I've ever thrown at it. When you mix it the solution will be blue but after it sits overnight it even takes the color out of the dawn and it will be clear the next day. This may take the stains out of your roof as well but the peroxide may dry out the rubber membrane so I'm not sure it would be worth the risk.

There is a rubber paint you could just paint over the roof to cover the stains.

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/18 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kebmw wrote:

Also, I forgot - I've been trying this method to work on a few mold spots in my house bathroom and it is helping. Spray Vinegar & Tea Tree oil solution on the spot and wait 30 minutes. Then spray with a solution of water and baking soda and wait 30 minutes. After that you scrub the area with a tooth brush dipped in Hydrogen Peroxide and rinse. Might be too labor intensive for a roof though.

https://rootandrevel.com/diy-mold-remover-how-to-get-rid-of-mold-naturally-without-bleach/

Instead of a toothbrush use a push broom with plastic bristles, basically the same thing in a much larger area package.

2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
E2 WDH

kebmw

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/18 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes! A good bristle broom, great idea of course! I second the Dawn dishwashing soap with the H2O2 as well. It is my stain remover for my laundry and many other things too. I have not tried it on mold yet but it works on so many other stains.

cfdwheeler

KY

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/18 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just took me two weeks of reading this entire thread, a few hours a day....

The oil-less "air fryers" work great at cooking all sorts of things. They can be used outdoors, so won't heat up the RV. They heat up nearly instantly, so they take less time to cook than conventional methods. And they won't use up any propane. Food results are close to that of an actual fryer, but without the grease, or cleanup. Can cook anything that will fit in them. French fries are now super easy, and healthier. The only downside is they are a little on the large side.

2018 GMC Denali Dually w/ tow package
B&W 25k Companion Puck
2019 GD Momentum 381M

cfdwheeler

KY

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/18 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just took me two weeks of reading this entire thread, a few hours a day....

The oil-less "air fryers" work great at cooking all sorts of things. They can be used outdoors, so won't heat up the RV. They heat up nearly instantly, so they take less time to cook than conventional methods. And they won't use up any propane. Food results are close to that of an actual fryer, but without the grease, or cleanup. Can cook anything that will fit in them. French fries are now super easy, and healthier. The only downside is they are a little on the large side.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/18 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You won't want to do this when it is hot out, but a convection microwave works the same as the air fryers, and it is less to carry along. My wife wanted one, and I told her she already had one in the convection oven. She tried it, and it works awesome.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
1992 S&S 11.5 TC

Gadget Man

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/18 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

You won't want to do this when it is hot out, but a convection microwave works the same as the air fryers, and it is less to carry along. My wife wanted one, and I told her she already had one in the convection oven. She tried it, and it works awesome.

Great! So I bought one for nothing? [emoticon]

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...

2005 Providence 39J
2007 Tacoma Double Cab Dingy
Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast, RV Golf Club and Elks Members

dcmac214

SW OKLA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/18 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bump

Measurements - Don't bother telling me, I'm even more OCD than you imagine.

Frustrated when things we got sometimes didn't fit the way we hoped/expected, we recorded the measurements of everything in the trailer and put it in The Binder. And I do mean Everything!
One example, each cabinet door overall width and height as well as width and height of the recessed panel within the door, and their relative thicknesses.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/18 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW, I guess you are, does it really matter, as long as they work, unless you're going to replace one, or all of the doors?

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 354  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS